Valued Contributor

Oh well, so much for Spring...

being right around the corner. We got hit overnight with sleet first, then 6" of snow on top of that. We had a pretty mild January, my daffodils were an inch tall on the last day of Jan. Then February hit with a blast and we've had nothing but Winter! Don't get me wrong, it's nothing like the east coast, but still lousy. I'll be awhile before I see my daffodils again! I'm in NE Missouri. Be safe, everyone!!

Super Contributor

Re: Oh well, so much for Spring...

Country Gal, two things:

1) You have my sympathy. I'm up the NW and our weather is as unpredictable as yours.

2) I visited Missouri a couple of years ago and it's so pretty!

Best wishes!

Valued Contributor

I live in Mo. also and my surprise lillies sure got SURPRISED!!. They have now stopped growing at 2"". They better stay in the ground a little longer.

Super Contributor

OP , lol, we live in the northeast & are looking at 4 plus feet of snow on the ground. I told my husband today , that by the time all that snow has a chance to melt , we may see the daffodils about 5 inches out of the ground ! Lol. As long as they don't try to bloom under the snow , they should be okay I told him . Those Spring bulbs have poked thru the snow before . They're very hardy . Counting the days till Spring ! March is only a few days away & I'm going to start my Spring decorating on March 1 ST Smiley Happy .......take care !
Honored Contributor

I don't know any state that has Spring in February!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Yes, OP, so much for Spring being right around the corner, lol. I live in Mid-Mo., so I know exactly what you are talking about. We had an easy January, by comparison, so I too was looking forward. Oh well, it (Spring) will be here eventually, but have to say, can't be too soon for me. These freezing temps, snow, sleet, and ice are not fun.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

22 days till spring. iit feels like it will never get here. We got more snow last night too.

I can't wait to be planting the garden, cutting the lawn and sitting on the patio.

Valued Contributor

ID2-We have friends in Houston, TX. and in previous years when we would call to chat, they were mowing their grass already in February. Not this year! Smile

Respected Contributor

I planted my tomato plants last week, and trimmed all of my shrubs. It's been in the 70's or 80's here all month.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 deeva said:

I planted my tomato plants last week, and trimmed all of my shrubs. It's been in the 70's or 80's here all month.

..don't rub my nose in it, ha!

I heard that since Lake Erie is so frozen that we are going to have a late start to spring and possibly a cooler summer, I can only hope the weather man is very wrong.