Esteemed Contributor

I'm Worried About My Squirrel, Mustache

She's usually the first one here, but it is after 8:00 and she hasn't shown up yet. I hope it's just the cold, but that never bothered her before.

After 4 or so years, you get used to the little varmint.

I take back any mean thing I may have uttered because of her.

I know I'll get sympathy from MrsTSquirrel, but I haven't seen her post in awhile. Anyone know anything about her?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Worried About My Squirrel, Mustache

She's finally here!! She must have had a late night last night.

MrsTSquirrel? I miss her little squirrel pictures!

Honored Contributor

I think we all miss MrsTSquirrel, and as I recall she was dealing with some very difficult issues when she left. Sending positive thoughts to all of you who are suffering from weather related or other issues.
Esteemed Contributor

Harpa, glad your squirrel returned. I have a friend who feeds the squirrels. When she goes away to visit her daughters in winter she arranges for someone to come by and feed them. She has been doing that for years! LM

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/22/2015 Lilysmom said:

Harpa, glad your squirrel returned. I have a friend who feeds the squirrels. When she goes away to visit her daughters in winter she arranges for someone to come by and feed them. She has been doing that for years! LM

Smiley Happy I don't necessarily feed the squirrels. The suet feeder (which I use for PB & seed sammys) is above the "squirrel proof" feeder, which is next to my window, which also has a ledge feeder. She loves that peanut butter, often just hanging down from it, but she climbs on the roof of the squirrel proof feeder and munches away.

Mustache is always out bright & early, (she's here presently) at daybreak (6, 7 at the latest). I must admit she makes a nuisance of herself. We've tangled, I don't know how many times.

But I was worried about her that one morning when she didn't show up until after 8. She sashays her way over even on the coldest mornings.

Honored Contributor

Home Depot has hot pepper suet that deters squirrels for the most part. Birds love it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/22/2015 ValuSkr said:

Home Depot has hot pepper suet that deters squirrels for the most part. Birds love it.

Thanks for mentioning this! If I would put the prepared suet cakes out there, it would be gone in a heartbeat! And most supermarkets don't carry regular suet anymore, even when you ask if they have a chunk.

I would love to see Mustache's face when she gets a mouthful of hot pepper! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The hot pepper suet from Home Depot can be put in your freezer if you do not use it all up by the time the weather really warms.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Glad you furry buddy showed up. I have a cat bird that has been around for ever and I look for her every morning and then throughout the day. She expects her treats !
Trusted Contributor

If I had a "squirrel moustache", I would worry too! Maybe that No-No gadget would help.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}