Respected Contributor

TSV Sedum- Your Thoughts, Please

I've never grown sedum, so I'm wondering what your pros & cons are. I wouldn't be using them in walkways or betweens any rocks or stones.

Thank you Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Sedum- Your Thoughts, Please

I haven't tried these tiles but they look beautiful. Most sedum need full sun to flower and look their best. And I imagine the sedum will spread well beyond the tile.

Respected Contributor

I am tempted but never had any luck with their line. Plus they will be shipped in March. We have at least four feet of snow on the ground right now and I know it won't be gone by March or April even. 12 foot mounds also. We do have a garage we could put in for a little while, but I think I will pass. I do have spots where I could use it though. Looks pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

I have an area that is mulched right now. I'm going to try to use the TSV in that area as opposed to using around walkway stones, etc. I'm also going to put some in a planter I use as an accent in another area.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

My experience w/sedum is that they are VERY invasive. Pretty, but invasive. You can't contain them. I thought.......pretty, but I know my past experiences w/them.

Honored Contributor

On 2/17/2015 luvpoos said:

I am tempted but never had any luck with their line. Plus they will be shipped in March. We have at least four feet of snow on the ground right now and I know it won't be gone by March or April even. 12 foot mounds also. We do have a garage we could put in for a little while, but I think I will pass. I do have spots where I could use it though. Looks pretty.

Plants aren't supposed to be shipped until weather permits.

Respected Contributor

I have a ton of sedum in my flower beds. My neighbor gave me a small sample from her garden and now it is everywhere. Very easy to grow if you need a fill in. I've had to dig a lot up and move it around, throw some away because it is very quick growing. Sun, shade, doesn't matter here and I have different kinds.

I have some in planters that looks nice and you can count on it coming up every year.

Valued Contributor

I wanted to purchase this TSV because I read on QVC.com that they were deer resistant. I went online to a planting site (not QVC) and found that these are plants that the deer will enjoy eating so...no purchase for me.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the sedum from Phillip last year,and it is thriving. I planted it in an old birdbath that cracked/broke...from that solar company a few years ago. It's doing great!

Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 luvvy said:

My experience w/sedum is that they are VERY invasive. Pretty, but invasive. You can't contain them. I thought.......pretty, but I know my past experiences w/them.

That's what I was wondering. If I have them in planters & pieces fall off, will they try to grow in my established lawn?

I don't want this if it's basically just a pretty weed!