Not applicable
I live in the desert. Would it be possible to grow hydrangeas here, very dry air and gets up to 110 degrees. Can they grow inside the home?
Honored Contributor

Hydrangeas by you will need shade in the PM when the sun is at its hottest. I would investigate eastern or northern exposures for these plants and I will also contact your local cooperative extension service and ask them if they can survive in that extreme environment. That organization would definitely be the deciding factor in whether you should purchase them or not. Plus you have to think about the amount of water these plants will need to survive anyway.

I hope that the vendors here are not saying that you can grow these plants anywhere in the USA because YOU CAN'T!

Most hydrangeas are from mountainous regions of Asia or the seashore areas of Asia so they would have a better chance of survival if those conditions are mimicked by your area.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I would not attempt to grow hydrangeas in a desert climate. You may have some luck indoors, but I've found they perform much better outdoors.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking no because of the heat. I do know that where I am in SE Florida, we're in zone 10. That's a no for any hydrangeas I've ever seen.

If you know your planting zone, you can check all the plant details on the QVC website. That's always easier for me than hearing all the numbers onair. I read better than I listen sometimes.