Esteemed Contributor
Did anyone purchase it and what was your experience?
Trusted Contributor

I have it and it works great. It cut down some pretty big limbs in my yard. It has some weight to it as you hold it up to use it.

In fact, I will be using it again soon to finish up what I started.

Respected Contributor

DH has one he purchased at either Lowe's or Home Depot. Can't tell you the brand right now as it's locked up in his shop, but it's light green. Works like a charm, but requires a good bit of arm and shoulder strength. I really can't handle it myself - too much of a strain to hold up all the weight. Try it out at the store to see if it's too much for you or whomever to handle.

Honored Contributor

I have one. I didn't use it, but friends came and used it on some of my trees while I was away in May.

They said it worked great. I'd bought it from QVC (of course).

Esteemed Contributor
Thanks ladies, I actually purchased it from the Q and my DH is putting it together right now. I have a neighbor we've been feuding with for years because he has planted horrible tree like plants on OUR property. They are 12'-15' height and get this, you can only have a 6' fence. They are growing all over my house as well. We have been to city court, twice he was fined BUT get this our city says "you can cut anything on your proprety but YOU need to bag it and haul it out". We have been unable to use our deck in years and we once lived out there during the warmer weather. I suffer with a chronic illness and cannot take care of my own yard never mind his. Today maybe the day when there is an all out war when my DH cranks this thing up! Lol
Esteemed Contributor
Thanks my DH trimmed some things but didn't tackle that area today. He did say the saw was heavy , I doubt I would be able to handle it which may be a good thing.lol
Frequent Contributor

I bought it. I""m a woman 5'5 medium build but suffer with Fibro so I know I can't use it. My husband on the other hand loves it. Has used it for substantial size hard to reach tree limbs and said it performed amazingly well. He thought it was an excellent purchase.

Valued Contributor

I bought an Earthwise pole saw (the 2 in 1 convertible one) and its great. I saw it both on the Q and HSN but HD had it on sale with free shipping. Does a great job with small pine branches as well as thicker trees and shrubs. I even assembled it myself!

Super Contributor

We bought one and DH used it one whole afternoon. He cut up to 6" diameter branches and had no problems with the weight. He was able to trim up our trees that were damaged in last winter's ice storms. He has a gas powered pole saw but it was too heavy for him to use more than a few minutes at a time. We have a small acreage and he put the generator in the back of the pickup, plugged an extension cord in and worked away. We ended up picking up 6 loads of branches from that one afternoon's work. He's used it a couple more times for just a few branches. He said it worked great and is very happy with the purchase.

In full disclosure, DH has used chainsaws for years and is a UPS driver, so he has good upper body strength, but does have bad shoulders from the years of driving and lifting packages.

Esteemed Contributor

bWorks great, have my own cord, so didn't get theirs. My son used it for me, because to heavy to raise over my head, the one with rope I can, but this is so much better.

I have a neighbor who planted a tree years ago near our common fence and never trimmed it. Trimmed everything else in his back yard, but not the branches on this tree and a lot is over my roof now. We have to get a big ladder to get on my roof to use this, because I have to turn on lights in the rooms that this tree keeps the sunlight out of and had to replace siding that allowed no sun or warmth and mold to appear.

I have talked to him in person and told the situation and pleaded and he said he would trim, but never did. I wrote him a letter and asked to have it in writing and again said he would, but didn't, so hopefully my son will get up there on the roof with this pole and cut away, if not, I will have to pay about 400 to hire someone to do it and hope they show up.

It seems they want big jobs and don't show up for all my neighbors. It cost me 1800 to have a big tree in my yard cut down. I only get license workers because I want to support them and for safety and workers comp. reasons. I understand if you hire someone on your property and they get hurt, you are liable if they do not have workers comp. ins. I use to be a workers comp. biller for Kaiser hospital. So be careful when you hire cheap labor. I look online for a contractors license and their workers comp insurance being up to date.