Occasional Contributor
i was wondering if QVC ever has gardening shows that feature bulbs, shrubs, or other things for Fall planting. I enjoyed the early Spring garden shows, but was not ready to start a garden at that time.
Honored Contributor

I think it would be a great idea.

I will be planting about 400 bulbs on Monday. We are getting a good soaking this weekend & the ground will be perfect for planting.

I LOVE seeing the results in the spring!

Honored Contributor

Not really, most nurseries are trying to get rid of their summer or spring stock. Many nurseries are carrying the fall bulbs now and even some big box stores will carry bulbs in their garden nursery departments.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I think it would be a good idea. It seems the only time we get garden shows is late-Winter and early-Spring. How nice it would be to see them other times. I suppose however it would be hard to compete on bulb prices.

Honored Contributor

There are so many companies online and catalogs from which to buy bulbs, and even Costco sells them, with greater varieties and not as costly as they would be here. I just finished planting hundreds of narcissus bought online and at Costco.

Respected Contributor
On 11/24/2014 mousiegirl said:

There are so many companies online and catalogs from which to buy bulbs, and even Costco sells them, with greater varieties and not as costly as they would be here. I just finished planting hundreds of narcissus bought online and at Costco.

ITA! WhiteFlower Farms has lovely bulbs. Especially Amaryllis.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't buy any choices on qvc. Buy local. I bought bulbs twice in the past & they arrived mushy both times.