Esteemed Contributor

How are your Impatiens doing?

Mine are doing beautifully this year. Planted them all along my garden path along with begonia and petunia and it's a riot of lovely color with no promlems. So glad they're back, I missed them last year. By the way I'm in a Chicago burb.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: How are your Impatiens doing?

Mine are doing great, too. I have them in a semi shaded area in pots. My hubby bought them and put them in full sun and I moved them.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Regular Contributor

After what happened 2 years ago I was not going to chance it. Is it ok now, the fungus gone?

Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 kibbi said:

After what happened 2 years ago I was not going to chance it. Is it ok now, the fungus gone?

No, its not gone at all.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Yours has its mojo going on.

Trusted Contributor

Hi MoJoV ~ I am also in a suburb of Chicago! Our impatiens are doing great as well! I planted some in the fairy garden and have some in our shade garden in pots. We had a pond with a waterfall put in our yard this past May and I did what the pond guy did with his pond ~ I planted them up and down the waterfall on both sides. I just took off most of the dirt and stuck them in between the rocks! Who knew?!?! It's probably the easiest gardening I've ever done ~ the waterfall does the watering for me, lol! His crew was kind enough to do a raised flowerbed behind the waterfall (this was a surprise for me as we didn't discuss it and he didn't charge me for it) and I planted impatiens there as well. I like the light purple & pink ones best.

Glad to hear you're having success with yours as well!

Honored Contributor

2 years ago mine were beautiful until mid-August.

I haven't planted one since.

Regular Contributor

Mine are beautiful this year! No signs of disease. They are large and healthy….Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

planted them last year and were great; this year I am starting to see some yellow leaves so not sure if we will make it or not. this is the first year I have ever had any problem with them.

Frequent Contributor

I'm in Northwestern PA. And mine are doing great this yr. No yellow leaves and flowers rebooting like crazy. I have pink and white. Some white didn't do quite as well. We have had a lot of rain here . They are in pots, partial sun.