Contributor

My husband just broke the scoop tool I use when planting flowers in pots/containers and last year one of the other tools broke in the set (forget the name). I'm on my second set of hand gardening tools and now that I'm a little more advanced and have gotten the hang of container gardening, I'd like to invest in a better set of hand gardening tools. I don't recall the name of the two sets with broken pieces, but I purchased them at Walmart or Target. If you have a favorite set that's durable and comfortable to handle, would you please make a recommendation? At this rate, I'm buying a new set almost every year and that's got to change. Thanks in advance.

-Jacqui

Honored Contributor

I've always liked True Temper garden tools like hoes, rakes and shovels/spades. I see they make garden hand tools too.

Try your local Home Depot or Lowes for them.

True Temper hand tools website

For hand clippers I recommend Felco tools and Corona for folding handsaws and loppers.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor
On 4/11/2014 JustJazzmom said:

I've always liked True Temper garden tools like hoes, rakes and shovels/spades. I see they make garden hand tools too.

Try your local Home Depot or Lowes for them.

True Temper hand tools website

For hand clippers I recommend Felco tools and Corona for folding handsaws and loppers.

JustJazzmom, I went to the website and the first words I see are: Power, Strength, Quality. Exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the recommendation!!