Respected Contributor

Just wondering, just picked up a pot of pansies about a week ago. Are you suppose to dead head them for more blooms or can you just let them be.

Honored Contributor

You can deadhead if you want to. These little beauties won't mind.

Happy Spring, happy planting - love pansies! And now, this time of year pansies is a great colorful way to begin waking up your yard. Pansies are gorgeous and oh SO colorful!!!

Honored Contributor

If they were very leggy I might deadhead them, but I usually leave them be.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

I have done it both ways so it won't matter. They are beautiful and are the type of plant in my experience that you can just let them be.

Regular Contributor

I deadhead mine. I thnk it looks better. IMO

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/11/2014 kibbi said:

I deadhead mine. I thnk it looks better. IMO

I agree..want some so badly, but spring is so late here, it will soon be too warm for pansies!{#emotions_dlg.mellow} Enjoy them, they are one of my favorite flowers~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor
On 4/11/2014 pink dogwood said:

You can deadhead if you want to. These little beauties won't mind.

Happy Spring, happy planting - love pansies! And now, this time of year pansies is a great colorful way to begin waking up your yard. Pansies are gorgeous and oh SO colorful!!!

Yes, they are so colorful, the first flowers I put out this Spring. I know they prefer the cooler weather, so it's just right now. I did dead head this morning. I will probably have to move then to a shadier spot in a few weeks. It's nice to see flowers now though.

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a flat of pansies to plant today. Its been such a long dark winter seeing these cheerful flowers makes me smile. I do deadhead mine.

Lots of daffodils and crocus up now, too. Very happy to see spring arrive.

Honored Contributor

I bought the hanging baskets of them at Walmart for $8 each. The ones I bought in the fall/winter lasted a long time and looked beautiful until the hard snow took them.

I didn't mess with them other than watering them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I always did when I had them in my previous garden.