Regular Contributor

Has anyone else had problems with items that are sent to them by Cottage Farms? For the price that we pay for their products, it is maddening that the items are either half dead, broken or completely dead. I am really hesitant to purchase anymore of their items.

I was looking forward to checking out their next presentation to see what was available. I was watching their show the middle of night last night when Philip was on with Courtney. I had to change the channel as there was so much flirting between the two going on and it came across as very unprofessional. I changed the channel and was disappointed in the show.....

Honored Contributor

This is the first year I have ordered from them. I received my set of three Torch Lilies, and they are strong looking. I just transplanted them to larger pots today until I have a chance to plant them in the garden. Of course, I will know better after they bloom.

Respected Contributor
They were probably just having fun, can't see Phillip flirting with the female hosts.
Frequent Contributor

The only thing I trust CF for are their trees...

Everything else they send arrives dead and looks nothing like Phillip says.

As for the "flirting"..lol,,,,, He doesn't play on the same team as the ladies....

Honored Contributor
I haven't had anything arrive dead but things are pathetically small and fragile. I'm buying locally.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I only buy from local nurseries. I want something grown in my area that is tried out. I find when I buy something out of my region I have nothing but hit or miss. And the local guys and gals seem to know best what to plant and where to plant it. I think even with the higher costs I have saved money over time. They also are aware of where I live and how many deer I have to ""fight off or accommodate.""

Regular Contributor

As hard as I have tried with ordering plants from Cottage Farms through QVC, I am throwing in the towel. The plants may look absolutely beautiful when they have the presentations, however, after two attempts at getting orders replaced, all replacements arrive dead or just about there. I can no longer afford to throw money out the window on those products. I am better off just going to Lowe's or Home Depot to buy plants for the garden. It is not fair for asking customers to allow for two years before plants can be beautiful unless they don't mind having a garden full of plants with stumps.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with another poster - I've had great luck with CF trees, but every perennial or annual I ordered over the years arrived dead or died after being planted. Phillip shows some fascinating plants that I can't find locally and that I'd like to have, but I will not order from CF again.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

In the past I've also received 2 x 2 plastic pot with dried dirt and two dried sticks (stems) sticking out....if you don't have a local plant market and have to order....try White Farms in Conn or Proven Winners on the web. Caution: their S/H will probably be higher than CF/QVC but you'll get healthy living plants.

No more CF or Roberta for me.....ever!

Honored Contributor

Learned my lesson last year with Cottage Farms and will never purchase another thing from them. The flowers and shrubs at Menard's and Home Depot are head and shoulders better than what QVC/Cottage Farms sent me.