Super Contributor

In S. Texas, the bluebonnets are showing, along with some other wild flowers! So beautiful. They are a little sparse because we need rain badly, but nevertheless they are perking up the landscape. (Also the mountain laurel and red bud trees.) I am so thankful for Lady Bird Johnson's vision.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bluebonnets Are Showing!

Texas' wild flowers are unsurpassed. It's the only thing I miss about the state.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Oooooo....can't wait for the upcoming weeks when they reach North Texas!! Lots of Easter pictures will be taken w/ little kids sitting in the fields of Bluebonnets!!

Super Contributor

I have (I think) Bluebonnets and they're lovely. Of course they don't grow as well here in the cool, rainy NW but I always cheer up when I see the leaf blades piercing up through the ground.

Super Contributor

Blue 'nits' (my late MIL's name for them){#emotions_dlg.wub} is one of the things I miss about living in Texas. We tried growing them in both CA and here in GA, but no luck. (Although, I do have a front lawn full of violets; don't want to have my yard guy mow because I like the violets; maybe next week).

Helen saw her first 'nit's on HWY 281 outside Alice. Fields and fields of bluebonnets with cows standing knee deep in them. That's when I would have liked to have had a camera in the car.

Super Contributor

I've never had much luck growing them. The best fields are along the highways where they grow naturally. And I've always heard it depends on the fall rains in Sept. and October to germinate the seeds correctly. They won't mow along the highways until the plants ""go to seed"" in the Spring. I'm passing big fields of them that I know have been there at least 30 years.

Trusted Contributor

Planted some around our fishing pond years ago - this year they are very thick. Can't wait for them to open. Nothing like fishing in a field of bluebonnets.

Super Contributor

My DIL is from Texas and I love visiting Texas in the springtime. Seeing fields, or road medians, of bluebonnets blooming is such an incredible sight.

Valued Contributor

DH and I just got back from a week in Texas this afternoon. This is the first time I have been there in the Spring, and the Bluebonnets were lovely along the roadsides. I also liked to see them mixed with the orange flowers, Indian Paint Brush, I think is the name.

Honored Contributor

I adopted a dog from Texas Aussie Rescue about 10 years ago. I picked Jennie because they photographed this red tri dog standing stomach-deep in a field of blue bonnets. She looked so beautiful. She's been a great dog.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment