Contributor

Seeking help in identifying a plant

I have exhausted all possible combinations of words on Google for trying to identify a specific plant in a hanging basket my friend and I found at a produce market recently. It was not identified with any sort of plant tag and when I inquired of the proprieter, he stated the name, which I could not understand because he spoke English with a very heavy accent. My friend understood him to say "It is a 'Green Shooter Shabby'". He then went on to say "most people just refer to it as "Shooter Shabby". That made no sense but we both repeated it (as we heard it) to him several times to ensure we were saying the same thing and each time he nodded affirmatively. I asked him if he could spell it out but he said he could not. I am now on a "mission" trying to learn what in the world this plant is actually called and what he was attempting to say that apparently "sounds" like "green shooter shabby" and I have had zero luck. I have called florists as well, to no avail. Can ANY of you think of or know of a plant that has a name that perhaps even phoenetically sounds like "green shooter shabby". The phrase makes zero sense to me and that's why I'm convinced we misunderstood what he was trying to say. I eagerly await any suggestions that I might do further research on. The plant is a very deep rich green in color with purple on the under/back side of each leaf and has "petals" almost like a flower but they are not floral - simply green leaves. We found one, and only one, tiny little white flower blooming on one stem of this plant. The one my friend bought is quite large, but he said that when they got it in, it was only about the size of a basketball and now it's huge - about 3 feet in circumfrance and is the most gorgeous plant I've seen in some time. Thanks in advance for any ideas on what the man was saying in identifying this plant.

P.S. I haven't posted in awhile. Where has the SPELLCHECK icon gone?