Occasional Contributor

This is a copy of my reply to "Circles" RE: Stretch bracelets that don't exactly stretch to accomodate larger wrists....

I agree with this forum. I wish there were a better selection...wait...I wish there were ANY SELECTION AT ALL for women with 8" wrists....If the bracelet is 8" then it will go around my wrist but it will fit like a hand cuff, not a bracelet! I wish they made 8.5" and 9" so that 8" wrists could have a loosely fitting, comfortable, and eye catching bracelet. If they feel the demographics can't support making a TON of them, FINE, make fewer, but if I could buy bracelets that would fit nicely, I am a MARKET OPPORTUNITY that is not being met, and I KNOW that I am not alone! 8" wrist ladies, who are 5'9" tall and sporty would like to feel feminine just like the tiny wrist, petite little things...and we have jobs....and we have market potential......WHY won't anyone cater to me/us? HMMPH! Smiley Tongue

Valued Contributor

Re: 8.5""-9.0"" Bracelets???

Add me to the list of wanting 8.5 size bracelets....I'd pay more if needed!

Contributor

Add me, to to the 8.5 -9.0 inch bracelets. I have big, bony

ankles and big bony wrists.

Frequent Contributor

Me too! Arthritis in my wrists.

Honored Contributor

QVC has accommodated larger ladies and tinier ladies in their clothing size ranges. They should start doing this in jewelry, also. Its an untapped market.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, me too! Arthritic wrists (ankles too).

Super Contributor

And did you all order J287921?

Honored Contributor

Why won't they meet your needs? For the same reason they don't sell 6 inch bracelets or size 4 rings or size 10 1/2 shoes. QVC doesn't make their own jewelry, they buy from manufacturers and those manufacturers don't make those sizes. It wouldn't be profitable for them. I think QVC should sell bracelt extenders. Many years ago, when I was about 100lbs heavier than I am now, I had an 8.5 inch wrist, I could wear bracelets because I had bracelet extenders that gave me an extra inch, maybe even an inch and half. I had a spring ring extender and one of those insert clasp extenders. I don't know where I bought them, it's been 20 years. I wrote to Jtv a year or so ago and suggested that they make them. I wear a 7 1/2 inch braclet now, I cannot wear a 7 inch, 8's work but JTV doesn't make many 8 inch bracelets. I never did get an answer but that might be a better way to go with QVC.

Super Contributor

Why not order wrap bracelets?

Frequent Contributor

There are a number of strategies I used over the years to extend the length of gold bracelets, when most bracelets were only made in average. The key is if it has a lobster claw clasp, some kind of c-ring, or round open and shut clasp. I had a number of 1/2 - 1 inch extensions in different widths and different designs made. I also purchased a bunch of gold jump rings in various sizes and had them sealed together to make various size extensions. The other thing that has been useful in my gold bracelet extension tool kit is a collection of gold clasps of various sizes and shapes. Some of them are as big as 1 inch and they add instant drama to whatever they extend, some sort of like a charm. Once QVC began offering bracelets in large I didn't need them as much for bracelets, but I still use them a lot for necklaces. However, if I see a gold bracelet that I want, and it is too small, if it has the right kind of clasp, I can make it work. Hopefully QVC will offer some extra large bracelets soon. But in the meantime, these suggestions might be helpful if you see something you really want.