TSV(R) Preview
152 Members and 15764 Guests Online

Honora

Ming Pearls

Started 1365907217.51 in Honora | Last reply 1369162209.44 by esmeraldagooch
I love the Ming pearls or "Edison" as I have heard them called and would buy them but don't want the Bronzo Beads with them!!

Page 1 of 1
par521365907940.293318 PostsRegistered 10/7/2010

I love the Ming pearl necklace and thought the bronze was beautiful with them !

Tiki Mommy1365942016.817339 PostsRegistered 5/27/2005

I thought the necklace was stunning. I love the pinky bronze with it. I bought the 20 inch - I thought with the gauge of these larger pearls that I might want a little extra room around my neck. I really wish though that there were matching earrings. I'll have to wear some Bronzo studs with this necklace. Maybe because the pearls are so large they can't do matching pearl earrings. I love that new "metallic" look to the pearls - very updated and chic. Can't wait to get them. But I'll have to hide them from my husband for a while since they were more than I usually spend - I hope they are worth it when I see them in person.

jetts_mom1365946417.332647 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010

I missed the actual show, but had to go back and watch the video. They look stunning!

You were born an original - don't die a copy.

lavenderju­nkie1365952013.70313074 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I thought the necklace was beautiful. I'm just not sold on the bronze, although I love rose gold. Tiki, enjoy your new necklace.

lovepink1365952819.771099 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006

lavenderjunkie, that is what I mean. I don't think the bronzo in this necklace is ugly but I don't trust it. What will it look like in just a couple of years; dark and tarnished?? They have said you can't polish it and it's "tarnish resistant" so what does one do when it finally does tarnish?

ennui1365959148.35719957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007

I wouldn't buy Edisons from Honora. There are better pearl vendors, and you can get better Edisons without bronze.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

circles1365960342.55717555 PostsRegistered 5/11/2005N.J.

I love that necklace, too......but despite the e-z pay...I couldn't justify the cost when I realized I don't work...and only leave the house to grocery shop or to my sons to babysit...

I hope you love them, TIKI...do give us a review once they arrive home....

Danielle461366073474.0231698 PostsRegistered 12/26/2011New York

I also thought the necklace was STUNNING!!! I bought it in 18inch and can't wait to get it. I love the color of the bronze beads with the pearls - gorgeous!!!

depglass1366140097.21324094 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

I have to admit I was wowwed by everything but the price.

GinaV241366143788.3674501 PostsRegistered 7/23/2010

I agree with depglass. I thought it was stunning looking necklace but I don't need it and couldn't justify the expense.

enjoy it, tiki!

Nadjalu1366157057.8531967 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007
Op...check out JTV's Genisus pearls. They are the same as " ming or Edison " pearls. They are cheaper and you can get just the pearls. They have been on their site almost a year.

Nadjalu1366157065.311967 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007
Op...check out JTV's Genisus pearls. They are the same as " ming or Edison " pearls. They are cheaper and you can get just the pearls. They have been on their site almost a year.

Danielle461366382102.2831698 PostsRegistered 12/26/2011New York
On 4/16/2013 Nadjalu said: Op...check out JTV's Genisus pearls. They are the same as " ming or Edison " pearls. They are cheaper and you can get just the pearls. They have been on their site almost a year.

The name of the company is Genusis and the the pearls you are referring to are "their" baroque pearls which I don't believe are the same as Ming because Honora sells Baroque pearls on QVC and this necklace has Ming pearls.

I received the necklace yesterday and thought it was very pretty. I do like the bronze beads with the pearls because it makes it a unique piece. I also feel its overpriced but I'm still keeping it.

Nadjalu1366429899.6831967 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007
On 4/19/2013 Beejene said:
On 4/16/2013 Nadjalu said: Op...check out JTV's Genisus pearls. They are the same as " ming or Edison " pearls. They are cheaper and you can get just the pearls. They have been on their site almost a year.

The name of the company is Genusis and the the pearls you are referring to are "their" baroque pearls which I don't believe are the same as Ming because Honora sells Baroque pearls on QVC and this necklace has Ming pearls.

I received the necklace yesterday and thought it was very pretty. I do like the bronze beads with the pearls because it makes it a unique piece. I also feel its overpriced but I'm still keeping it.

Sorry you are wrong. Yes the genisus pearl offered at JTV are the brand name they use for this exact pearl. Just like honora is branding it the ming pearl. Both are brand names of the same pearl...also called the Edison pearl. You can look articles in the new York times as well as a pearl appraiser that knows their stuff they will confirm it is the same. JTV carries both the round and baroque versions of these pearls. Honora is behind with these pearls.

lavenderju­nkie1366463920.39313074 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

There may be many similarities across pearls from different vendors... they may all be bead nucleated fresh water pearls grown in the same type of mollusk, using similar procedures. They may or may not come from the same pearl farms. However, as any pearl collector knows... pearls are unique and quality will vary significantly from pearl to pearl. Some vendors may specialize in a particular size or quality, others may have offerings across the quality range.

You can't compare pearls until you see them side by side, in person. Only then can you make a judgement as to the quality and value for the price being charged. Anyone who has looked at and bought pearls knows that the $100 strand does not compare to the $1000 strand, even if the pearls are the same size... because luster, thickness of nacre, smoothness of skin, shape, etc will be vastly different.

I'm not saying the most expensive are better or the least expensive aren't worth the money. It's just that they aren't the same and different women will prefer different pearls, for many different reasons... including price and quality.

Danielle461366468445.611698 PostsRegistered 12/26/2011New York
On 4/19/2013 Nadjalu said:

Sorry you are wrong. Yes the genisus pearl offered at JTV are the brand name they use for this exact pearl. Just like honora is branding it the ming pearl. Both are brand names of the same pearl...also called the Edison pearl. You can look articles in the new York times as well as a pearl appraiser that knows their stuff they will confirm it is the same. JTV carries both the round and baroque versions of these pearls. Honora is behind with these pearls.

I went onto JTV's website and under the "brand" Genusis they showed differnt pearls and each pearl had a differnt name. The only pearls that looked similar to the Ming where their baroque pearls.

Also "Ming" is not Honora's trade name for the pearl. Ming is used by other companies too. The only names I have seen for this pearl is Ming and Edison.

Even though Honora is behind I still love the necklace and love that they included the bronze beads. Its not your same ol strand of pearls - its unique and a fashion statement. I have plain strands of pearls when I need a more sophisticated look.

Danielle461366469208.291698 PostsRegistered 12/26/2011New York
On 4/19/2013 Nadjalu said:

No I'm not wrong because I just telephoned Jewelry Television and they assured me that they do not carry Ming or Edison pearl jewelry. The guy assured me that Genusis does not carry them and if they do they are not aware of it because they don't offer them on their show. They have tons of baroque pearls and baroque pearls are NOT Ming pearls.

So you may have seen something that looks similar to Mings/Edisons (which are very very rare) but they were not - so I don't know where your getting your information from.

I know a jeweler that makes Ming Pearl jewelry and there is no way that any is $200 or less. He told me they are very rare (Honora told us the same thing when on the air). So "Ming" is not Honora's trade name for the specific pearl. In China they call them something else.

Now, do you want to tell me that the people from JTV don't know what they are talking about when they told me that the pears they offer are not the "Ming or Edison" pearl?

Chippey1366500892.233162 PostsRegistered 2/1/2009

I received the Ming pearls and the pearls themselves are beautiful, and I agree the bronze beads detract from the pearls. Since the necklace was a splurge, I'm not sure it's a keeper.

I think the price reflects the way the pearls are grown. One pearl is cultured per mollusk.

I am a pearl lover and the necklace is unique.

KY_Liz1367098648.579 PostsRegistered 3/16/2013

I got the Ming necklace and it's pretty but my pearls are pinched and non-colored on one end, like the mollusk pinched a loaf. The pearls in the presentation were much prettier.

esmeraldag­ooch1369162209.43712162 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?

If you are just looking for a necklace made from these pearls, Kojima pearls has them.

Don't call them Ming if you contact her. They are Katusmi-ga-ura like Chinese freshwaters.

She has them in white and multi color.

photo CHINESEKASUMI_zps29223123.jpg

Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Page 1 of 1