Regular Contributor

Anterior Ischemic Optical Neuropathy. Can anyone tell me anything about this problem, or do you know someone with it?

l ve already lost my right eye to macular degenerative diseae and the left one was involved sometime after that also. However, it was "dry" for two years and two months. And it still is dry. It felt different recently and it was time for my 2 month checkup on that left eye and I told the Retinol Dr. it seemed different somehow and that I couldn't see as well as I had.

I did blood tests and just had the eye test that measurers how good you see on the outside (and inside too) of the eye, and the left is in bad shape. I started some eprescription ye drops that is upposed to help the blood flow to the optic nerve. I now feel like my sight in that eye has slipped somewhat in the past couple of days. I go to see the Dr. on the 6th, and I don't mind telling you that what I've read on the internet about this and it scares the you know what out of me. Do you know of anyone who has this and how they handled it? We've been to an eye place that sells all kinds of wonderful aids. but we're waiting until after the 6th to see what is really going on here, and what would help me. But, if possible, I'd like to hear from any of you guys. if you can. TIA AnneMary

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anterior Ischemic Optical Neuropathy. Can anyone tell me anything about this problem, or do you know someone with it?

How scary for you.I sure hope your tests have a good outcome.