Super Contributor

Need recommendations for vitamin websites

I have ordered from puritan's pride for many years. Unfortunately, I was contacted by my cc company to report fraudalent charges on my cc and they were all posted by puritan's pride. I tried to fix things with them but they were rude and not at all apologetic. Had to change cc# - spent all day changing autopays, websites, etc. Not returning to puritan's!

I don't want to spend Andrew Lessman's prices. I have ordered in the past at Vitamin Shoppe (and still get my fish oil there). But since I have to reconfigure doses in multivitamins (no iron), calcium citrate, magnesium citrate, co q10, biotin I thought I would ask for good websites I can peruse.

Thanks in advance!

Respected Contributor

Re: Need recommendations for vitamin websites

Is there a specific reason you want websites only? Costco carries great vitamins if you don't want to spend much. (in stores and online). Local grocery, Walgreens, RiteAids, Walmart, and GNC also have products. You might check out Amazon if you only want online.

Super Contributor

Thanks for responding - I will look on Amazon.

I feel that puritan and vitamin shoppe had less additives and coloring in their vitamins than drugstores. Not not everything agrees with me - for example, I need magnesium citrate instead of magnesium caltrate. Several items are hard to find in drugstores, so its just easier to order everything in one place online.

Valued Contributor

You might try GNC online. I know what you mean with the difference between magnesiums. Mg stearate works best for me, and I know it isn't the best version, but it's hard to find. I've purchased from GNC in the past, but I also have to be honest that I get most of my supplements from A Lessman. Very expensive, but I'll,spend on my health and sacrifice elsewhere. I was able to peruse GNC's site and see their ingredients before I purchased.
Esteemed Contributor

Vitacost, hands down, the best IMO

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I'd stick to Andre Lessmans formulations. If you don't want to buy them through HSN he runs his own website, yourvitamins.com
Trusted Contributor

I use Lucky Vitamin. I lived in Seattle and am familiar with the stores and quality. Prices are good and selection of brands are excellent. They even have pet products.

Super Contributor

I like Swanson. Great prices, products, and usually lots of good reviews.
Honored Contributor

lifeExtension is great. It is non profit that supports research. You can look up any illness, vitamin, etc and read for yourself the research both ways. They have a great CS dept that will help you. Quality vitamins, good prices, IMO

it is LEF.org

Frequent Contributor

Many in my family use Swanson as well. Reasonable prices.