Honored Contributor

My Toenails Fixed Themselves. Here's the Mystery

I have toenail fungus and have tried many things. They still weren't looking that great. I took a shower with a new liquid soap with mint and rosemary, by Bird's Bees. I have been sick and almost never leave my house, but on Tuesday I went to a doctor appointment and afterward my husband wanted to eat and visit our friends and I agreed to go. The night before, I had gone with him to a friend's house, near bye. Going out, for me, is very rare. I was wearing Sketchers with the anti microbial lining on both trips. I wore them for the most hours ever. For three months I have also been taking an OTC medicine fir GERD. It is Pepsid Complete, which contains Famotidine, calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide. Today, I looked down at my toes and my nails are clear. Nothing else is new except the three variables I mentioned. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I am currently lying on the sofa with my anti microbial Sketchers on right now. Just hope this lasts.

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Toenails Fixed Themselves. Here's the Mystery

Do all Sketchers have that lining?? Are you joking ??
Valued Contributor

Well all I can say is congratulations!!! It is a miserable disease to have. Keep it up whatever you are doing.

Honored Contributor

Most of the new Sketchers have the lining. I thought it was imparted into the fabric. I really don't know what is doing this, but I am very surprised. BTW, the Burt's Bees shower gel is really nice. Could be from one of it's ingredients.

Honored Contributor

Water, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sucrose Laurate, Coco-Betaine, Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Chamomilla Recuitita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Humulus Lupulus Extract (Hops), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary), Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Citric Acid, Glucose, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Lactoperoxidase, Glucose Oxidase, Limonene, Linalool HERE ARE THE BURT'S BEES INGREDIENTS
Respected Contributor

only thing worse than feet are toenails ! Can't stand looking at them regardless of whether they are covered in fungus or not. Flip flops should be make illegal !!
Respected Contributor

Congrats to you!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Mindy D said:

Most of the new Sketchers have the lining. I thought it was imparted into the fabric. I really don't know what is doing this, but I am very surprised. BTW, the Burt's Bees shower gel is really nice. Could be from one of it's ingredients.

Mindy I cured my nail fungus using Tea Tree Oil. Apply to the affected toe nail with a cotton ball every night at bed time. It takes awhile, but it grew out completely clear.

I could see after about a month that it was working because the new growth at the base of the nail was clear.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

Good for you. I had a large toe nail removed for that reason in 2012. Then I was prescribed Lamisil - had to have blood test first. That worked, but who wants to take something that is so bad for your liver.

Took a year for my nail to grow back. Had issues again, prescribed Lamisil - again. Disappeared for awhile. Now -

It has come back once again, and I'm trying everything from Tea Tree Oil, to Vicks Vabor Rub. Once a day, at least.

If I have another one removed, I'm having it removed for good. It was such a painful procedure.

Thanks for the info, I'll look for it!

Jean

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 nomoaa said:

Good for you. I had a large toe nail removed for that reason in 2012. Then I was prescribed Lamisil - had to have blood test first. That worked, but who wants to take something that is so bad for your liver.

Took a year for my nail to grow back. Had issues again, prescribed Lamisil - again. Disappeared for awhile. Now -

It has come back once again, and I'm trying everything from Tea Tree Oil, to Vicks Vabor Rub. Once a day, at least.

If I have another one removed, I'm having it removed for good. It was such a painful procedure.

Thanks for the info, I'll look for it!

Jean

I would check to see if you have diabetes! My mother and I had a problem, and we both had diabetes. It makes sense, your blood sugar my be too high and it causes yeast to grow! Just a thought!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West