Esteemed Contributor

The Body Blade actually works...

Just wanted to share. I've been using the Body Blade for about four months now. I can actually see my upper body looking good and more defined. My shoulders, chest, back and even stomach have improved. There's a learning curve with the blade. I only do six minutes every other day. The blade doesn't look like it will do much, but looks are deceiving. It's also given me upper-body strength, which most women lack. Just saying... 8)

Honored Contributor

Re: The Body Blade actually works...

How about the upper arms? If I can get rid of those flags I'll try anything!

Respected Contributor

It's pretty good, I like mine. I'm down 6 lbs but I also added dumbbells for the "flags"--

I have a routine for those:

12 hammer curls (biceps, dumbbells vertical) 3 lb weight

12 tricep kickbacks (lean a bit forward, move arms back with dumbbells vertical)

12 bicep curls (horizontal dumbbell)

12 overhead presses (dumbbells drop back behind your head, upper arms straight up and stationary)

then repeat 10 with a 5 lb weight.

You will be tired. When you are not, go 5 lb, 8 lbs.

I also do military press and a deltoid back press (pee-wee) afterwards, to work shoulders. Same thing 12 at 3lb, 10 at 5 lbs.

Honored Contributor

I have had this for several years now and it will definitely tone the body. One must remember that in order to see "muscle definition" there cannot be much fat tissue between the skin and the muscles. One can be toned and not have a lot of visible "muscle definition". If used regularly at a hard pace, this Bodyblade can work very well for toning. Each person has to be realistic as to what to expect for their particular body type and also their "percentage of body fat" when evaluating their results.
hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I just ordered this and it will arrive tomorrow. I have a problem with one of my shoulders and hope this helps. Glad you posted, OP.

Honored Contributor

I have been using the body blade and cardio blades for over 15 years when it was recommended to me by my chiropractor since I have nerve damage in my arms and could not use heavier weights like I had all my life. A trainer I worked with put together a 45 minute routine using both body blades and cardio blades for me that I still do every other day. I am far more toned then when I worked out before using them. It has done wonders for core toning and strengthening while not having to work as hard as I previously had for core work.

Frequent Contributor

What is the length of the blade? I am only 4' 11 3/4", not even 5'.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

There is a 'generic' or knock off version of the Blade out there online for a fraction of the price. A few people I used to work with thought it was great and a great savings.

I am tempted to try out this concept with the knock off since I would never want to ship back a large blade

Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Abrowneyegirl said:

There is a 'generic' or knock off version of the Blade out there online for a fraction of the price. A few people I used to work with thought it was great and a great savings.

I am tempted to try out this concept with the knock off since I would never want to ship back a large blade

http://www.walmart.com/ip/29137216?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227021796814&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=4...

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 balogna said:

What is the length of the blade? I am only 4' 11 3/4", not even 5'.

Thanks!

There is a smaller blade than the classic which is what QVC sells.

go the bodyblade.com. It also lists the dimensions.