Honored Contributor

My best friend and I worked together for nine years...now we work in different cities but try to get together a few times a year.

Every spring, we go to her FLA timeshare and have a GF Boot Camp.

We walk a minimum of 20,000 steps a day...we do a 5K...we try to eat healthy every day...and we shop and go to Disneyworld too (THAT'S a walk in itself!) Last year was her "KALE EXPERIMENT" - we had poached eggs on kale for breakfast...kale salad for lunch and kale/veggie/protein stir fry for dinner. She said it's a spring "tonic" - but it was a litttle too much for me. I like blackened fish tacos with cabbage and cilantro too (and they are healthy, I think!)

We start every day with a seven mile beach walk/jog...then take if from there.

Anyone have any good ideas for fun exercise routines/healthy food?

We are leaving next week and will have 10 days on the ocean.

Honored Contributor
How about using chia seeds..you can make chia pudding for breakfast.you could do s daily challenge..like burpees,push-ups or jumping jacks with the winner calling the next day's challenge.
Esteemed Contributor

terrier -- I love this. Thank you for sharing. What a blessing to have such a dear friend with similar interests. Two of my dear friends, former coworkers, moved to Dallas to escape the Midwest winters. I visit them twice a year. We do a quick book study while we're together. Read the book before we meet and spend time discussing it during our time together, which leads to some great conversations. We also go to yoga classes and take long walks. I do love the healthy activities you have planned. Have a wonderful visit. Safe travels!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Ury and dex - BOTH great ideas!

I have chia ""pudding"" a lot...that might go down easier than 3 kale meals a day.

I was wondering if we might try a modified tabata - not to the point of passing out of getting sick...just a series of exercises. We tend to concentrate on fast walking/jogging....I lift weights and work out with a trainer back home...maybe something that might encourage core strength.

There is beach yoga...we should get into that! We have just walked past them and never found out when the classes start or how to join.

Honored Contributor
You must be very fit..I forgot to say in my previous post that your bootcamp idea sounds great!I think tabatas can be killer so it sounds like something you would be up for...enjoy your time and let us know the details like what you ate and did.I think you should try the yoga on the beach as that sounds so amazing.
Honored Contributor

I just got an iPhone and am looking for an app that will do the tabata countdown.

My trainer has one...

Does anyone know what it's called? He didn't remember!

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
On 3/22/2015 lolakimono said:

http://www.active.com/fitness/articles/hit-the-surf-with-beach-workouts

THANKS! That's just what I was looking for!!!

Honored Contributor
I goggled tabata timer app and it shows a couple of free choices