Respected Contributor

Small red blood vessels on face!!! Have you had them zapped by a Dermatologist?

I've heard they can be lasered. If you have had that done, please give me the results. Is it a good idea?

Valued Contributor

Re: Small red blood vessels on face!!! Have you had them zapped by a Dermatologist?

I had some spider veins on the sides of my nose zapped. It was a totally satisfying experience, highly recommend! Instant gratification!

Respected Contributor

Re: Small red blood vessels on face!!! Have you had them zapped by a Dermatologist?

nunu4u, please tell me more. Did your Dr. use a laser or some kind of light stimulation?

Was it expensive?

Respected Contributor

I have had laser quite a few times for facial redness from rosacea. It feels like a rubberband snap. The blood vessel or reddish area bruises out and then fades as it dies off. About the same time frame a regular one fades. If you have extensive redness and there is lots of bruising it could take 2 weeks for the bruising to completely fade. You can use makeup.

I have found it to be very effective except for in the deep folds on the outside of my nostrils. That redness does not really budge for me but probably no one else even notices it. The other parts of my nose and cheeks works very well. It may take more than one treatment initially and I found the redness tends to recur and I need it again about every 2 years or so. Never as extensively as the first time though. If you have a lot or large area you could ask for a small bit to be done first to see what you think and go back later. No scarring or anything.

I had 'pulse dye laser' at my derm by a nurse who does a lot of it. I have my whole face done...$250.00.

There are lighter lasers that do not cause bruising but I did not find them to work at all.

Go for it...just be sure you understand that there will be bruising as it kills the vein. You may want some down time scheduled if you have extensive work done.

Trusted Contributor

I had this done for broken capillaries. I had 2 weeks off and thought that would be plenty of time for the bruising to clear. But 2 1/2 weeks later, I still have redness and my make up doesn't cover it.

This was my choice, however, and I would do it that way again. My derm used the V beam laser and he asked if I wanted the best results in 1 visit or multiple, less bruising visits. So thinking I had plenty of time with 2 weeks, I went with the best results. My face is definitely clearing so I'm not worried, but I probably would have checked out heavier foundations if I had known.

I followed the care directions to the letter because I read that your face is very delicate at that time--you can scar if you rub, for example. So to me that was the biggest deal. The laser treatment itself wasn't painful. As someone else said, it was like a snap. The area around my nose has completely cleared and I'm very pleased with the result. It's my cheeks where I still have redness so can't tell yet what the final result will be.

Honored Contributor

I had it done and it does work but I got a couple of burns and they scabbed and looked bad for quite awhile.it isn't too painful but the recovery time for my face was about a month.
Respected Contributor

Like Dex I had some scabbing but my case was quite severe. Lots of redness. Make sure you get info on what the recovery will be like for you. I never again had as much reaction in terms of bruising and scabbing...but then again my vascularlty (is this a word?) was never as bad as it was the first time. Every case is different.

Respected Contributor

Also, I am very fair and bruise easily and it shows more and absorbs more slowly because my skin is very thin. Of course the bruising is the desired result.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for the good information. It will help in my decision to have it done or not.

Respected Contributor

I'm so glad you asked for info on this. I've got a tiny spot on my cheek that has developed in the last few years. I can cover it with make-up and even without that, I'm sure it probably goes unnoticed. Still, we are our own worse critics when it comes to stuff like that.

I think I'll look into this. What would a tiny spot cost? Do you have to be extra careful with regard to sun exposure while healing?