Honored Contributor

Has anyone heard of the MELT method of pain management?

They talked about it on GMA this morning.
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone heard of the MELT method of pain management?

Yes

Honored Contributor

I havn't, but I will research it.

Valued Contributor

An exercise program to work on your connective tissue. There is a website to check it out.

Respected Contributor

A Little. I attended a workshop at my yoga studio on MELT for face, hands and feet. You purchase a kit with certain type of small rubber balls, some hard and some softer and do a series of exercises rolling them around your face, hands and feet. That was the one I attended. People that have hand and feet issues say it is great. I purchased them and tried the exercises for a bit (doesn't take more than 10 minutes) but since I don't really have these issues I kind of fell away. The kit was $40.00 for the hand and feet, an instruction guide and dvd.

There is also a program for the body using long rollers I think of foam. It has to be their rollers, special type I guess. I felt one and it was softer than the tradition hard foam roller.

Our program was presented by a physical therapist who is trained in the MELT method. At that time she was only trained on face, hands and feet but I think now is doing the whole body.

There is a book you can get at the library that explains the whole method. It is about connective tissue but it is also targeted at the lymph system and moving toxins out if I remember correctly.

The woman who presented the workshop is also a yoga/pilates instructor as well as a rehabilitation PT and I have a lot of respect for her. I don't think she would do it if it did not produce results. The training she under went is pretty extensive.

HTH

Respected Contributor

I have all the stuff, but of course, you have to use it. Smiley Happy. I do think it helps and it really loosens up the connective tissue. You become a bit more flexible and loose. However, it is not a cumulative thing, you have to do it everyday to notice a diff. This is one thing on my "to do list."
Esteemed Contributor

This sounds like the same thing I've seen a massage therapist do on youtube. He has his own channel and uses tennis balls and foam rollers...guess someone saw his videos!

Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Cookie06 said:

An exercise program to work on your connective tissue. There is a website to check it out.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I roll so guess I don't need this, but thank you.

Respected Contributor

I went to Yoga today so I brought home the info. It says it relieves common issues like head aches, insomnia, inflammation, cellulite and improve overall wellness.

Helps identify where you have stuck stress which is a major cause of body pain and aches.

Roller is $70.00. The class runs 3 weeks, for 1 and a half hours each and costs $90.00. Says it rehydrates tissue and works on core strength and stability. You must practice at home as part of the program.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all so very much! I'm going to try it!