Valued Contributor

When you lose weight do our feet go down in shoe size?

Just curious, what do you think? I am only talking around 25 pounds.

Honored Contributor

Re: When you lose weight do our feet go down in shoe size?

I don't think so. As much as it disgusts me to say, I have weighed everywhere from 100# to 150# and I've worn the exact same shoe size for my entire grown life.

I never had kids, though, so that might make a difference.

Honored Contributor

Even when I was pregnant and gained 40 pounds my feet never grew or even swelled on me. Wish I could say the same about my bottom and thighs when I put on a few.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

hmmmm darn I'm hoping they do. I purchased a pair of shoes here on qvc and they are too big but the next smaller size would be too small unless my feet could shrink. They only sell them in whole sizes. These shoes get tons of positive reviews too.

A252738

Honored Contributor

My feet have enlarged as I have gained weight, but they didn't get smaller when I lost weight.

Regular Contributor

Goodness girl.....don't talk like 25 pounds is nothing. Congratulations!! I'm in the same boat, except that I'm probably much much older than you are. My feet stayed the same size; some of me (really, all of me) shrank nicely, but the top part of you know where dropped a couple of inches and down 2 cup sizes. I've lost probably about 30 pounds, an is it worth it? YES!! Keep up the good work.

Trusted Contributor

Bras, shoes, and ring sizes-yes, they will reflect weight gain and loss.

Honored Contributor

When I was pregnant my feet swelled and grew. My boobs swelled and shrank. Breasts smaller now and feet larger. Every woman is different in how their body handles changes. Wish mine had been the other way around. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Frequent Contributor

It depends, and can even be different for a single individual losing weight at different times. Over the years I have gained and lost weight multiple times, and each time the changes are different. Sometimes my feet changed size, sometimes my fingers, sometimes my cup size. I wouldn't count on your feet getting smaller, even if they might have when you lost weight in the past.

Are these shoes that work with socks? I bought one pair of boots that is just a little too big (but too small in the next size down), and wear two pairs of socks to make them fit. Otherwise, you should probably look for different shoes.

Honored Contributor

No