Esteemed Contributor

any walkers here? need recommendations for a belt to hold my phone

can any of the walkers here recommend a lightweight belt that would hold my iPhone & keys while walking? not interested in the "fanny pack" type of contraption.

and since you're reading this, can you also recommend a good pedometer?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

Re: any walkers here? need recommendations for a belt to hold my phone

I'll rephrase: what do you carry your phone and keys in when walking? I have done a search online and found several different products. I'm looking for personal recommendations for something lightweight, adjustable, and secure.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

I have this one in my QVC Wish list.

V31563 - Spibelt Expandable Spandex Stretch Belt with Carrying Pouch.

I used to put my cell in my pocket or on a clip at my waist. Then I started leaving it home. I take one key & I usually carry it in one hand or stick it in a pocket.

Contributor

I would like to get one like this...Looks like a great one...

http://www.hipssister.com/#oid=21_1

Super Contributor

I use the EYN (Everything You Need) case on my phone. There's room for your license, credit card and some cash. Definitely room for a key, too. I usually just put it in my bra between the girls b/c even if I don't hear it ring I'll feel it.

But I've been thinking about getting something so I can wear it in a different location while I walk. It sorta looks weird pulling it out in the street to change the tune that's playing. I'll watch for any replies.

willdob3, I have a Spibelt but the phone doesn't fit with this case I'm using. It does make the phone a bit thicker for the space needed. It works but not as well as I'd like... I know it definitely won't work for the larger iPhones if my 5S barely fits.

Super Contributor

Spibelt has a few different products that might be of interest to you. They have the expandable belts as Willdob3 mentioned and also a backpack-type messenger bag expandable thing, along with a wrist pouch. Check out spibelt.com and you can view all the ways people wear the various phone/keys/water bottle holders.

I have a number of different things I use, according to where I'm going, how long, my needs for that day. I've used small leather crossbody bags that fit next to my body, belts, even pockets in jackets depending upon the weather. So for me I like them all.

Check them out and see what you like! Regarding the pedometer. That's a tough question because I haven't found one I consistently love. They have all failed me in one way or another. Hopefully someone will have a great suggestion for you. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

For a pedometer, I've used Fitbit One for over a year and really like it. I've used it every day since getting it. It can sync with quite a few different apps, too, if you use other fitness apps.

Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 velvetlace13 said:

I would like to get one like this...Looks like a great one...

http://www.hipssister.com/#oid=21_1

They are only pockets. Cute, but I like my stuff zipped.

Trusted Contributor

I put my keys on a carabineer clip. I also use a collapsible walking cane- the carabineer hooks to the wrist strap on the cane. I almost always wear a light jacket with pockets-in goes the phone. As far as safety, I have one of those push the button-scream things and pepper spray.

Honored Contributor

iPhones have a couple really good step counter/pedometer apps, so my music, phone and step counter is all one device. Works great!