Respected Contributor

Healthrider vs Fitrider , anyone used these.

Trying to decide between Brenda dygraff fitrider or Tony Little Healthrider , Reviews are good on both , just wondered if any one has either one. Thanks

Contributor

Re: Healthrider vs Fitrider , anyone used these.

Hi, I was curious about the Fit Rider by Brenda as well.

I have viewed the video on HSN countless of times and read the reviews. I do remember when it came out about a year or so ago how much fun it looked and I was very interested but, I talked myself out of it and then came back and it was sold out.The weird thing about that...all of the reviews that were posted are pretty much gone, there were way more reviews than they have posted and there are no reviews on it on you tube or Amazon and the price is nearly doubled on Amazon.

From the reviews on HSN there is no resistance, Brenda recommends getting hand weights.

I will post if I decide to purchase.

Respected Contributor

I have the thigh trainer which is very much like it, and I think it is fine for people who just want gentle exercise and don't care if the resistance can't be increased. I have tried different things, like wearing leg weights, attaching bungee cords to the device, and nothing really does a very good job of intensifying the resistance. I don't use it anymore, have purchased other equipment because I want a more total body strength training combined with cardio.
Honored Contributor

I've had a health rider for years, probably almost 20 at this point. I sit and can pull the hand rails and push pedals with my feet, all against my own power. VERY effective, still use it, works great and my husband uses it too. You can dial up/down the pressure you need to use to make it easier or tougher on yourself. I believe this is the type of equipment you're referring to.

I love this thing, works great, keeps you in shape. It's one of the best pieces I have in fact, would not get rid of it. Highly recommend it, brand name is Weslo CardioGlide. Weslo used to be a big name of equipment in the early 1990s which how long ago I bought it.

I just looked at both the gliders by TL & Degraf. I really like mine better, offers more than each of these other brands.

Frequent Contributor

I had the original Healthrider from the mid 90s. I used to use it everyday. I don't know if I benefited from it, but it really started to bother my knees. I was only 40ish then. I stopped using it. I dragged it around for years, but finally just gave it away. I paid around $500.00. Actually, I have one very similar, that was given to my BF by a customer. He thought it was good, at first, but then it bothered his knees too. We moved it to the garage 2 nights ago, to make room for our new AeroPilates. I say... neither!