Occasional Contributor
Has anyone done this exercise. I have been doing physique 57 and wanted to try something new.
Contributor

Barre3 does the small pulsing movements but also has exercises that uses larger movements. Barre3 has good tips on form. Some people like Barre3's abs exercises, or maybe the form tips to do them, better than most. It's good to mix things up so try it to see if you like it.

Frequent Contributor

I whole-heartedly agree it's good to mix things up. I have about five different instructors to choose from in barre. Different approaches, different deliveries in how they instruct. I'm going to have to work my way up to Tanya Becker, she's a bit lively and vocal for me at this point. I am writing this as my barre is mocking me from the corner of the room....

Regular Contributor

I just looked at this workout offered here on the Q. I notice there are barefoot. Can this be done with sneakers?

Super Contributor

Shoppingless - 2 of the videos are primarily ballet positions and moves, so you would not feel comfortable with heavy workout shoes.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/7/2015 shoppingless said:

I just looked at this workout offered here on the Q. I notice there are barefoot. Can this be done with sneakers?

The creator (Sadie Lincoln) says that you CAN wear sneakers if you choose but they have to have a flexible bottom so the motion of your feet isn't restricted. I personally do Barre3 barefoot, sometimes wearing yoga socks that have the toes.

Super Contributor

fantastic for inner thighs and buttocks