Respected Contributor
Tell me what you like about your Fitbit and any tips I should know. Thanks,
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Bought a Fitbit Flex

Love mine. However since I have had mine awhile I am about to trade up a bit for the Charge HR. It reads the results directly on the wrist. With the Flex you have to sync and then look for the numbers on your smart phone or computer. No real problem there but not always immediate results smacking you in the face.

I also joined Myfitnesspal dot com and they sync together giving me a total daily picture.

Enjoy yours. You will love it. I am just spoiled at this point and love gadgets.

Honored Contributor

Be watchful to see if you develop a rash underneath. Our local consumer reporter has been following the problems associated with the product.

The first one was bad so Fitbit re-did it and promised no more rashes. However, the re-do is just as bad if not worse.

The company refuses to tell what's in their formula for the strap and the public knowledge report is almost all redacted.

If your wrist starts to get red underneath, be very careful, that rash looks nasty.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

They give you two sizes of wrist straps and even though my wrist is average, I am using the larger strap so that it is not tight to my wrist. The instructions say that you should have air flow to your wrist and if you develop a rash, to discontinue use. They also advise cleaning it.
Honored Contributor

I have a flex. No issues with rashes, but I can see how you can get one. If you get the band wet, dry your wrist and it off. I like the large band because I like to wear it a little higher on the wrist. The only caution I have is it can come unhooked and fall off. I never would have believed it until it happened to me. I thought I was always careful and made sure it was secure. Mine came from fitbit through a program at work. I emailed them and after a couple day wait period, they sent me a new one. I recently bought some bands from Amazon that help prevent it from coming undone. I haven't used them yet, but will put it on this weekend.
Esteemed Contributor

No rash but a horrible time trying to make it connect. Someone told me to put a hard surface under it while I attempt to snap it on.

Honored Contributor

I have the One and much prefer something that I can hang from my waistband or bra over the more intrusive looking Flex.

Plus NO problem with any contact rashes!

Contributor

I have had a fitbit flex for just over a week now. I am the queen of getting rashes and having allergic reactions to things and am happy to report - no rash. It has been too cold in Michigan to sweat though.

I am uncertain of it's accuracy (if it's counting arm motions while I work vs actual steps) However, it is a great motivator to put in more steps each day. I find I need to have it within a foot of the dongler to get it to sync my steps from the wristband.

Enjoy your fitbit and get moving!

Respected Contributor

I have had no problems with mine. I don't shower with it., I think keeping it dry is key. Truly motivates you.
Respected Contributor

Love my flex!! Had it 1.5 years now with no problems. It makes walking fun. I got on their community boards and m made some friends there so now I can see where I am at with respect to them. It's a little friendly competition.