Honored Contributor

What a miracle this would be.

http://lymedisease.org/news/lyme_disease_views/claritin-lyme-balf.html

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

I wonder what dosages were used in the study. I do know that antihistamines such as Benadryl and Claritin help alleviate symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for some people.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

`

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 adelle38 said:

I wonder what dosages were used in the study. I do know that antihistamines such as Benadryl and Claritin help alleviate symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for some people.

One of the comments to the article said ""high dosages."" So obviously they have a long way to go.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 adelle38 said:

I had not known that before I received this link from a friend.

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it's a start. I hope so....

Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 BeckiWV said:

Maybe it's a start. I hope so....

Yes, that's what I am thinking. My daughter is taking it with a grain of salt though. I think she's afraid to get her hopes up.

Formerly Ford1224
Super Contributor

Hi Ford,

Any med for lyme is used in very high dosages, well above the norm. I remember being on Cipro, lord, about 3500mgs a day for about 6 or so months if not longer. It takes a lot to tackle lyme and co-infections.

Let's hope something as simple will be a better cure, but of course you know big pharma will get their greedy paws on it.

Respected Contributor
On 2/20/2015 FATCATinCT said:

Hi Ford,

Any med for lyme is used in very high dosages, well above the norm. I remember being on Cipro, lord, about 3500mgs a day for about 6 or so months if not longer. It takes a lot to tackle lyme and co-infections.

Let's hope something as simple will be a better cure, but of course you know big pharma will get their greedy paws on it.

Wow that's crazy. I don't know how you tolerated that high a dosage of Cipro. That must have been rough!
Honored Contributor
On 2/20/2015 FATCATinCT said:

Hi Ford,

No doubt FATCAT. She herxed pretty quickly on the first go-around (doxy), but she seems to be tolerating the higher dose . . . or she's suffering through it and just not telling me.

I was on Cipro last month for a UTI. For some reason it works for me on a short term basis. I can't take it IV though, my arm immediately swells up and gets red. I don't understand that kind of allergy.

It's a pretty rough antibiotic. I, too, am amazed that you were able to tolerate this level of Cipro for so long. I hope it did the trick (at least temporarily, as we all know it will only be temporary).

Take care, my friend.

Formerly Ford1224