Valued Contributor

OkeyDokey, Finally I'm cleared of C-Diff. I didn't need the implant because after I took 5 days of antibiotics I felt better and things changed. During this time my daughter was checked and found out she is a carrier so she couldn't donate anyway. I talked to my doctor on the phone and then made an appointment to see him to go over things.

Because I have to take 2 antibiotics before any type of surgery my GI said to take 5 days of the Vancomycin along with the antibiotics. He said this should prevent any C-Diff from coming back. Also, I told him that I felt that the Vancomycin went through me too fast to do any good. When I took the 5 day I took Imodium with it and for some reason it worked. I have no symptoms so I didn't get a recheck. It feels so good to be rid of that. My GI sent a prescription to my pharmacy to hold when and if I need it. So things did turn out well for me. 4 months of it was worse than childbirth.

I never used so much bleach.

Honored Contributor

Good for you! That must be such a relief! People don't realize how horrible this stuff is.

I have been on some serious heavy duty meds for a year now and am very concerned about this. I have been faithfully taking probiotics since I've been on this medicine and pray that it will protect me as much as possible.

I hope you have continued good health!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Good to hear you're doing better.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor
Thank goodness you are better. I'm sure that was a nightmare!!
Honored Contributor
Very glad to read this good news kismet!
Super Contributor

my mother died of C Diff

Contributor

My mom who is 102 and who is in rehab has had C-diff for over 2 months........3rd antibiotic......It is devastating when you are that old.......glad to hear you are over it...probably the you nger you are the easier your body can fight it off.....

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone.

headvase, I was on antibiotics for 3 months and had to be so careful to make sure I washed my hands with hot water and soap. Had to clean everything with bleach. Bathroom, door handles, light switches, remote controls, everything. I didn't let anyone come to the house either. I would think in rehab your mother may get rid of it and then get it all over again because of where she is. I did take 2 Florastor when on antibiotics and continued taking one when I stopped the antibiotics. I will always take one a day. My GI doctor said I didn't have to but I told him I took them for a few years after my first bout when I took antibiotics for surgery and I was fine. When I stopped taking the Florastor I got it again. I had taken no antibiotics for over a year and that was only 2 before a colonoscopy. My husband never got it so I know everything was clean here. Be careful when you see your mom cause I read that some people picked it up just being around a person with it. It stays on surfaces for a long long time too. I was suppose to have cataract surgery in Sept and my eye doctor said she wouldn't do the surgery until I had a doctor clear me. So I see her this month after he faxed a letter to her.

I look at going into a hospital or doctor's office differently now. I will sit alone and touch nothing. I even use a tissue to press the elevator buttons.

Trusted Contributor

I am so glad that you are feeling better now, kismet. This is great news!

Super Contributor

Helen Bach, I am so sorry for your loss, such a horrible disease and I am sure you felt so helpless!!!

In Sunny AZ