Super Contributor

Does anyone have any experience with this condition?

Esteemed Contributor

I have some experience, but I would need way more info than you have given to comment.

How long have you been having them?

How long do they last?

What area of your head hurts?

Is the pain sharp or dull?

Is it only brought on by coughing or other activities?

Any other symptoms, like dizziness or fainting?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Not 100% sure what you mean, but I have had several instances where whenever I cough, I get a pain in my left temple. It lasts a few days, then goes away.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

To: betteb:

1. About 6 months.

2. Forehead.

3. Don't know if I can distinguish between the 2. All I know is it HURTS.

4. Coughing, sneezing, picking something up off the floor, laughing.

5. No other symptoms.

My headache issues started around the same time as Hurricane Sandy believe it or not. Those were just regular headaches that subsided in minutes. This "thing" is getting worse each day. It used to hurt when I coughed, but the pain went away almost immediately. Now the pain lingers from cough to cough, sneeze to sneeze, etc. I'm almost always with pain.

Now I'm getting that nasty cough that half the country has and I want to cough like every 5 minutes, but I have to suppress it. . . hurts too much.

I have a neuro appointment for Feb 13...hope I can hold out that long. Considering the ER.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/3/2015 seaswirl said:

1. About 6 months.

2. Forehead.

5. No other symptoms.

My headache issues started around the same time as Hurricane Sandy believe it or not. Those were just regular headaches that subsided in minutes. This "thing" is getting worse each day. It used to hurt when I coughed, but the pain went away almost immediately. Now the pain lingers from cough to cough, sneeze to sneeze, etc. I'm almost always with pain.

Have you seen a doctor? It sounds to me like your sinuses. Maybe an infection, maybe some type of inflammation from an allergic reaction.

A storm like that stirs up all kinds of pollen, molds etc.

Sometimes people develop benign polyps in their sinuses and that would cause excess pressure.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Can't even venture a response with so little info.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

seaswirl, do you have high blood pressure?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/3/2015 seaswirl said:

1. About 6 months.

2. Forehead.

5. No other symptoms.

Now I'm getting that nasty cough that half the country has and I want to cough like every 5 minutes, but I have to suppress it. . . hurts too much.

I have a neuro appointment for Feb 13...hope I can hold out that long. Considering the ER.

Not uncommon for migraine sufferers: increase in intracranial pressure. However, blood pressure and sinue issues, as well as a plethora or other issues should be addressed at the time of your neuro appt.

Super Contributor
On 2/3/2015 hckynut said:

Can't even venture a response with so little info.

I've had a headache every single day since approx Nov 2012 (post Hurricane Sandy). Not a bad headache, but in the background and always there. Tolerable. I went to a neuro in 2013 and he did an EEG and it turned out negative. He said I had a condition known as "Daily Onset Headache" or something like that. He told me to take B-12. I started the B-12 and that actually helped a bit. Now the headache has changed to a daily headache, which is VERY BAD when I cough, sneeze, bend over, strain. In the beginning, once I sneezed, the pain went away in seconds. Now, it lasts a while. The B-12 is no longer working.

The pain in only in my forehead..dead center.

Yes, I have moderately high BP (controlled), and Yes, I have a history of sinus issues.

I have an appointment Feb 13.

I'm 60+ and somewhat active.

Super Contributor
My adult son, who does not get headaches, got one and after 5 days of it, went to the dr and was diagnosed with something to do with TMJ. He was given a muscle relaxer and told it would take several days for the headaches to go away. Surprising diagnosis to me, but we'll see what happens.