Regular Contributor

I have one I bought last August. Had to change the battery for the first time and I can't get the Shine to light up or sync with the app. So far their customer service has been zero help. I googled and could not find what I needed. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone Have a Misfit Shine?

I am so glad you posted about the Shine. I bought one and have never been able to get it to sync with the app. Light up or work at all. The first thing I did was replace with a new battery, of course it did not work. I do not know what todo from here. CS did not help me either. So now I am stuck with a new item and cannot use it or get any help. I am very disappointed and upset that I cannot find a solution to this expensive it. Please post if you find an answer.
Regular Contributor

Just to update you bowwowluv - Misfit customer service wanted me to send them a picture of my shine and to get my original receipt. I replied with the month I purchased and that they have my email. Gave her the serial number my shine account id. They should be able to access my information. Did not send her a picture. Why she needed that I have no idea. Have not heard anything back. Really do not like that you can't talk to anyone - it is all email. I am going to put another battery in the Shine to see if the new battery I put in was the problem.

I had switched to Misfit from Fitbit as my wrist got a rash from both the Flex and the Force. Fitbit customer service was always spot on and you actually got to talk to a real person on the phone. I did get a Fitbit One in exchange for the Flex I had to send back. I am now using that device to track my activity.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for your update. I have no hope that this will ever be taken care of by Shine. I, too, went to a fitbit which I am pleased with. It just irks me that we paid so much money for the Shine and it doesn't work and have no recourse except mark it up to experience. Emails will not fix this and why they want a pic is ridiculous. I don't have my receipt anymore, except the charge on my VISA bill. If you have any more contact with Shine, satisfactory or otherwise, please post. Thanks.
Regular Contributor

bowwow - I bought a new pack of batteries today and put one in and my shine started working. I guess there was an issue with the battery I used when I replaced it the other day. Is your battery in correctly? When I first got my shine and was setting it up, I put the battery in upside down. I still haven't heard back from customer service. I guess she really, really needed that picture before she could help me. HA.

Frequent Contributor

I will try again with the battery. I put a new one in as the first solution to get the thing working and when that did not fix it, I gave up. I think the battery I bought was a two pack so I will try the other one . I'll keep you posted . I am really happy you got your working. I hope you enjoy wearing it and love it since it was such a hassle to get this far.
Respected Contributor

Don't those Shines have a warranty?

Regular Contributor

I think the warranty is only 60 days.