Contributor

If you own a fitbit, could you please provide me your thoughts.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

I have one and I really like it. I am active but this helps me track my activities and does inspire me to do more! I have a goal of 10,000 daily steps but almost always exceed it - especially if I am exercising that day. I don't pay much attention to the sleep feature and I don't put in the foods that I eat. I really just like it for the daily step count and the approximate daily calorie burn. I hope you like it if you decide to purchase one. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask! Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

I originally had the Fitbit with the wrist band. However, I found that if I was carrying something, or pushing a grocery cart, and my arms weren't moving, it didn't count my steps. And, if I was using my arms a lot, but was standing still, it counted the arm movement as steps. Some people don't mind that, but it bugged me.

So I exchanged it for the Fitbit One. Several people, including a physical therapist, recommended it to me. I clipped it in my bra, and found it to be much more accurate. There were some reports of it giving false results if you rode in a car, but I never found that to be the case.

My husband also had the Fitbit with the wrist band, and he lost it when he was running through an airport trying to catch a connecting flight. That wrist band is not very secure and comes loose very easily. I gave him my Fitbit One to use, and he liked it better also.

They have some new ones coming out, but I don't know much about those.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Contributor

I got the Fitbit Zip for Christmas and really like it (I did not want the bracelet version) I just clip it to my pants each morning. It really does make me more aware of how much walking or lack of walking I do. I am definitely walking waaaayyy more now. I love that it syncs with my computer. I also get an email each week giving me my stats for the week--how many steps/miles etc. It also syncs with MyFitnessPal.

I give it a thumbs up!

*my only word of caution-because it clips to your clothing you have to make sure you take it off so it won't end up in the wash. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I had one, but returned it. It was too much trouble to log in every day to keep track of my food, especially looking up what wasn't listed. I am not very disciplined, so that is my fault, not the FitBit's fault. I also didn't have anyone to "compete" with. So if you are interested, give it a try.

Honored Contributor
I have a flex. I only use it for the steps. Didn't find the sleep feature accurate. I don't find 10,000 steps easy to come by. A quick glance and I know when I need to walk some more on a particular day. I like it.
Honored Contributor

We have the clip on version. like it very much, but this weather is definitely affecting the walking activity.

Used properly can be a useful tool

Honored Contributor

I don't have one.......I think the idea borders on obsession

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I've had my Fitbit Flex since June 2013. Never had a bit of trouble with it. I have it set for 15,000 daily steps and meet my goal pretty much every day. (Most days, between my treadmill and my outdoor walk, I get in between 5-6 miles. I love to walk and will walk outside on all but the absolutely bitter days of winter.)

Mine will last about six days or so before I get a text on my phone that the battery is low. I let it charge overnight and the next morning, it's ready to go again.

I like that it tells me how many steps I have to walk yet to reach my goal. Often, I'll go downstairs and hit the treadmill to get my goal. And when it buzzes to tell me that I've met my goal, it's a good feeling. I've managed to get the 20,000 step badge a few times now, but can't seem to get over that 20,000 step hurdle. I know that I've gotten in well over 5 million steps since I first got my Fitbit; I could have had more, but have had some foot issues that made me stop walking for a few months last year.

If you use an elliptical, take the Fitbit off and throw it in your pocket. The Flex does not accurately check elliptical work, but I have found that simply putting it in my pocket while I'm on the elliptical will do a more accurate count than keeping it on my wrist.

I'm using the smaller band (my Flex came with a large band and a small band) and have never had the Flex come off my wrist. It has always charged up well. One time I did have to completely reset my Flex. A simple push of the little button on the black "bug" with a paper clip and I was back in business. I've only had to do it once since I got the Flex.

I have the Fitbit synched in with My Fitness Pal. I've also downloaded the Fitbit app to my Droid Razr Maxx HD phone.

Please note that I'm talking about the Fitbit Flex as this is the one I have. I can't say anything the newer models. But I can say that I'm very happy with my Flex. Yeah, wearing something around your wrist might "interfere" with some jewelry you might want to wear or something like that. But I'm not that vain and it's more important to me to get my steps in for the day than it is to wear a bracelet. I normally wear my watch on my right hand because my Flex is on my left; the Flex is worn on the non-dominant wrist. The only time I take it off anymore is when it's charging and when I'm in the shower or the pool. Other than that, I wear it and I'm so used to wearing it that I don't even notice it anymore.

Love my Flex. It has helped me to maintain a more active lifestyle. And I've lost weight (and more importantly, kept that weight off) because of that lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

I had a Zip for almost two years and just traded it in for a One today.

LOVE Fitbit.

My main problem is that I love to sit, plop and read. Fitbit gets me moving!