Respected Contributor

I want one like the gym. I want one that you can raise the incline electronically.

Where is the best place to buy one? I live in the sticks, so I will have to go to a larger town to shop if I buy one in person.

I'd like to buy online, but I'm thinking this is something I need to actually look at and try out. Or is it possible to buy one online and be happy with my purchase?

DH can assemble it if needed.

Is there a brand you recommend?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good treadmill suggestions?

Sticks or no sticks you need to find a place that sells them so you can try it out or at least look at it. We bought one in Sears and although not all that perfectly happy the service that is being provided by an independent company is superb. We got a Nordictrak. (sp?) Not fancy but working and we have a yearly contract BECAUSE HUBBY IS AN EXERCISE NUT WHO USES IT OVER 2 HOURS A DAY. I dust it. Hate machine stuff, myself, would rather shovel snow. So far it is working with the help of the service guy who maintains it as in new belts whatever after Hubby wears it out.

Gyms will tell you that their equipment is also serviced lots... I asked them. So less might be better. Fancy stuff on it might not be cost effective over time.

As for me... I might be convinced to use it myself. Hubby has a DVD disc player propped up and watches old old old movies on it. He stays from start to finish at high speed.

Honored Contributor

I have a Pro Form from Sears. We tried a whole bunch out before we decided on this one. Some are too lightweight. My husband runs on it and it needed to be very sturdy. It's important that there's no drag on the belt. This one is smooth.

Truthfully, I like the elliptical better. There's less impact on knees, and I feel I get a better workout.

Super Contributor

I bought a manual treadmill. No motor thus no issues with breakdown nor paying for electricity( they are power gobblers!). You actually get a better workout as you have to put more into each step.... and they are much less expensive.

Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 bonnielu said:

Sticks or no sticks you need to find a place that sells them so you can try it out or at least look at it. We bought one in Sears and although not all that perfectly happy the service that is being provided by an independent company is superb. We got a Nordictrak. (sp?) Not fancy but working and we have a yearly contract BECAUSE HUBBY IS AN EXERCISE NUT WHO USES IT OVER 2 HOURS A DAY. I dust it. Hate machine stuff, myself, would rather shovel snow. So far it is working with the help of the service guy who maintains it as in new belts whatever after Hubby wears it out.

Gyms will tell you that their equipment is also serviced lots... I asked them. So less might be better. Fancy stuff on it might not be cost effective over time.

As for me... I might be convinced to use it myself. Hubby has a DVD disc player propped up and watches old old old movies on it. He stays from start to finish at high speed.

Does someone come on a regular basis to service it or do you just call them when it needs work? I'm thinking if I had someone service it, it would cost a lot. We are 45 minutes from a big town and an hour and 15 minutes from the nearest city.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/22/2015 mima said:
On 1/22/2015 bonnielu said:

Does someone come on a regular basis to service it or do you just call them when it needs work? I'm thinking if I had someone service it, it would cost a lot. We are 45 minutes from a big town and an hour and 15 minutes from the nearest city.

Here is what I do to answer you. Sears had a contract. I bought it. It was with an independent company that outsourced the item. If you call the company that manufactures it... they will have information. I do have a norditrac (cannot spell that word). I have a yearly contract, they show up. And I am truly 65 miles from anywhere in any direction. For us it is worth it. Or I would be buying a new treadmill yearly the way my hubby uses it. (Gyms also have the same problem... I asked). Just call around the manufacturers and see what plans they have.

Respected Contributor

Love from my Nordic Track from Sears!

Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 FastDogWalker2 said:

Love from my Nordic Track from Sears!

That's what we have, I've had it 10 years and still use it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Sports Authority?

I looked at them while my kid was there, not sure what service/delivery they offer.

I think you definitely need to go and try them out, belts feel differently and they have all kinds of features.

Occasional Contributor

Landice treadmills are fanastic we have had ours for years and its well used every DAY!