Trusted Contributor

Nutisystem Fast Five - no thank you!

Ok, I gave it a try after years of consideration and curiosity, well I didn't get past the first week! The mac&cheese Marie raved about was dehydrated in a cup you add water to. Yuk! The snacks and breakfast bars were ok, and the muffins are bite-sized - so really not much for breakfast - the most important meal of the day? Basically you can do a lot better and more satisfying with your calories than, IMO. The entrees are primarily Italian, so no variety. I know people have had success on Nutrisystem, but this particular program is not for me!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nutisystem Fast Five - no thank you!

I tried it once and could not tolerate the food. I cancelled the program. I did lose weight but could not continue because the food was tasteless.

Esteemed Contributor

There were several items I really liked when I was on the program- but they stopped carrying certain things !! How frustrating was that! It got to the point, after 6 mos all I really liked was the mushroom risotto.

I hear ya about the mac and cheese- there were so many dehydrated meals that came in cardboard cups! Getting them to cook just right was challenging- without it overflowing in the microwave.

I thought about trying it again since it did get my portion control in sync - but I wouldn't do anything called 'fast in five' - you gain the 5 back faster than you lost it!

Frequent Contributor

I have tried them all. Many times over. I learned to beat the system and it got boring fast because of the limit of food I placed on myself.

Please give Weight Watchers a try. They are the best with food, ideas, support, and supplies. I have found it to be the plan promising the best chance for success.

Good Luck and don't give up.

Honored Contributor

I have seen a couple of colleagues at work try to choke down the Nutrisystem meals at lunchtime......the little plastic cups don't even look good....and I am told they taste worse than they look!
Honored Contributor

All of a sudden I'm seeing why some people do make it with Nutrisystem. I didn't the time I tried it. I did lose weight, but I didn't like enough of what I got that I wanted to keep going.

However - the things I disliked the most about the food I got a few years back were the very things OP liked! I didn't like the breakfasts or the snacks at all. I'm perfectly happy with my own breakfasts and a piece of fruit is still my favorite snack.

Some of the others foods were okay - but I'd rather cook than eat them - and I don't even like to cook much at all!

Apparently there are people who are a combination of OP and me when it comes to food and they are okay with all of it. Ads for the program are all over the media. You don't have to even know about QVC - Marie is everywhere!

Esteemed Contributor

My former coworker and his wife tried it a few years ago. It was an epic fail for them because they had to go to the grocery store hungry to get the perishables.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Whenever they show the food it never looks appetizing. That is what is supposed to reel you in.

No thank you, but much success to those who have tried it and thrived with the program.

Valued Contributor

Same here found much lacking for what I paid for.
Honored Contributor

I did NS in 1986 and had success. I agree the food was not desirable. The eggs were dehydrated and they had like 10 entrees at the time. They were all those retort packages. I basically stuck to a few items. Not too healthy. But I lost the weight and kept it off for years. Back then it was 1000 calories, so it really was restricted! I could never do it again.

I think to keep cost down and make the diet food available online (to be mailed) they have so many dehydrated choices. Depending on your finances there are so many pre cooked and delivered options today. Right down to organic, or diet specific. Then there is always weight watchers that have you cook your food, so you can tailor your diet to meet any tastes.

Jenny Craig offers tasty, frozen meals that give you a fresher option, but food is not cheap