Respected Contributor

Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Respected Contributor

Hey all, I started the January a couple days or so early so I wouldn't forget. Hope everyone is enjoying their Holidays!

Valued Contributor

Happy 2015 everyone! Hard to believe.

Going to work-out this morning and take down the outside lights and trees. We have a birthday party at 3 then we're cleaning the church with 2 other couples.

One of my gf's is going to go to CrossFit with me for a month trial and another one is thinking about it. I hope so, that would be so fun! I'm thinking of doing CrossFit 3 times a week and FIT twice a week, then Saturday will be my long run day. Another gf is coming tomorrow morning to run and walk with me...she wants to see the base and my routes, our house, etc.

Yesterday I was trying to remember the last year that my son hadn't been hospitalized...I'm thinking 2004. A long time, I know that much...and we're praying like crazy this medication is going to work and that he'll be able to get off at least one of the 3 bad ones that he's on. They're really the only goals I have or care about. Oh...and praying dh doesn't have to deploy...ugh. Can't seem to get an answer on that one.

Well bopper...once again, thanks for keeping this going. Waving to everyone and hoping we all have a blessed year.

Respected Contributor

Patty, you have a plan. Yea! I hope that your gf's will join you. Prayers for DS and DH.

Hi, Bopper, enjoy your day!

I spent the morning getting workout records sheets ready to go for 2015 and cataloging the few DVDs I got this year. I realized that even with Collage's return, I haven't really gotten back into the site, so am not up-to-date about new dvds. I checked today and saw that Katami has a couple of new ones. I certainly don't need them now. I haven't used my DVDs much this year, preferring to go to the workout room, but I'm gong to try to get back into DVD workouts this year, especially for strength training, and for cardio on days when the gym is too busy. I do best when I'm following a program, it keeps me disciplined. I might give Katami's program a try.

To our posters and lurkers alike (including you, Cater!), I wish you all a happy and healthy 2015.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year everyone!

We didn't make it to midnight last night but that's no surprise!

Today we are watching the Michigan State game and the Winter Classic.

Went snow shoeing and the woods were beautiful and we've been home about an hour and it looks like a snow storm now. Blowing and snowing to beat the band. Wow, what a difference an hour can make!

Cooking a ham for our dinner, just hubby and me.

Nomless I haven't been to the collage site for a long time either. I should go look again. Glad you are making a game plan,that always helps.

Pppmint hoping and praying DS can get off one of the meds and keeps improving and DH doesn't have to deploy...I can't even imagine how I would feel. Keeping you in prayer. Glad you have recruited some GF's to join you in CF!

FUTURE are you home or going to someones today?

Tony, Cater, Judy, Okie dokie, and all our new friends, a big Hello!

Respected Contributor

Nomless , you really just cracked me up with your little note. Yes I am here just reading how all of you are working your bodies. I hope everyone of you have a healthy, happy, and blessed New Year and that you are surrounded with family, good friends and good times. You all deserve the best of what ever is offered to you. Thank you everyone. Enjoy your New Year Day dinner I am doing the pork and sauerkraut etc. for everyone who decides to come through these doors today.

Respected Contributor

Hi, all!! Well, I was going to spin, but the roads were iced over, so I nixed that. I'll do Pilates or something later. Did laundry and other household chores this am. Got a big old pot of beans going right now. Hubby is going to make some spreadsheets for the new year for all kinds of goals that we have. Smiley Happy We had a great time with friends last night. It was really fun! I'm surprised I made it to the ball drop -- lol!! Hope everyone has an awesome start to the New Year!! Happy 2015, everyone!
Super Contributor

Going to the gym tomorrow NO MATTER WHAT! Happy New Year Everyone!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone! We had so much fun at the birthday party yesterday...I learned a new dice game called Tenzies...very easy but fast-paced and fun...and loud!

I have the downstairs all cleaned, just have to do my bedroom and bedhseets but will tackle that after my gf and I are done. I'm waiting to go meet her now(have to meet off base then drive her through the gates).

So glad to see cater! And lucylover, I'm a Lucy lover too.Wink

nomless and FUTURE...sounds like you guys have quite the plans going...lol!

bopper...thank-you! I woke up at 2 a.m. with a start, had a dream he was sick again...think it was because we were talking about everything he's been through at the party yesterday. Had it on my mind.

I'm very tired and she wants to do 10 miles like we used to...ay.{#emotions_dlg.unsure} I finally got out of bed at 4:50 and dh was yelling at the Ohio and AL game last night which made Lucy bark and they both startled me which made me not able to sleep...lol!

Waving to everyone!!