Frequent Contributor

My daughter says all she wants for Christmas is something to get her on the path to a healthy 2015. I know I should have posted this earlier. But can you all please give me some ideas as to what to get her. I'm desperate here {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

I've picked up a FitBit and some yoga pants but any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

The Ryka TSV sneakers? Ipod? earbuds?

Regular Contributor
How about Zumba DVDs or a membership to a fitness club?
Trusted Contributor

How about a grill type pan so she could prepare healthy foods like fish, boneless chicken breasts, etc. Also a healthy eating cookbook would be nice along with some rubs or seasonings to make healthy foods less bland and more flavorful. There are some nice books on the market that correlate healthy eating/recipes along with exercise tips also. Exercise or yoga videos would be good and maybe a yoga mat which you can find at sporting good type stores.

Honored Contributor

A ninja or vitamix with a recipe book for making healthy smoothies & soups.

Esteemed Contributor
On 12/23/2014 espree said: How about Zumba DVDs or a membership to a fitness club?

Agree!!! I had Petty Officers who used Zumba DVDs during their extended lunch hour to do their PT (physical training). Zumba is one terrific workout!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

A healthy cookbook....many available from amazon.com etc.

Frequent Contributor
On 12/23/2014 sfnative said:
On 12/23/2014 espree said: How about Zumba DVDs or a membership to a fitness club?

Agree!!! I had Petty Officers who used Zumba DVDs during their extended lunch hour to do their PT (physical training). Zumba is one terrific workout!!!!!!

I saw a set of Zumba DVD's at Target yesterday and gave it some thought. This may definitely be an option.

Frequent Contributor
On 12/23/2014 lOVETOSHOP said:

How about a grill type pan so she could prepare healthy foods like fish, boneless chicken breasts, etc. Also a healthy eating cookbook would be nice along with some rubs or seasonings to make healthy foods less bland and more flavorful. There are some nice books on the market that correlate healthy eating/recipes along with exercise tips also. Exercise or yoga videos would be good and maybe a yoga mat which you can find at sporting good type stores.

I'm liking the idea of Yoga videos and a mat. She has several cookbooks. I actually thought about that but afraid I'll just duplicate. As for the grill I recently bought myself a grill (not that I needed it but it was Green, my new kitchen colors) so I gave her my old one which wasn't really old Smile.

Frequent Contributor
On 12/23/2014 haddon9 said:

A ninja or vitamix with a recipe book for making healthy smoothies & soups.

Last Christmas we got her the Wolfgang high performance blender which she absolutely loves. I however did consider getting her something that was more for the on the go protein/green drink.