Valued Contributor

Oh my goodness. I am finally coming out from under the worst flu I can remember. Last Thursday, for 7 hrs., violent upper and lower track flu. Low grade fever for two days. Then, on the second day, body covered in a bright red rash....EVERYWHERE. The skin on my cheeks, where the rash was on my face, began to peel off. I went to the doc and he said it was all part of the virus I had. Now, 5 days later, the rash is beginning to fade. I still am not 100%, fade by afternoon and need to sleep. I honestly think I had an allergic reaction to the flu virus! Has anyone out there ever had a rash with the flu??? And yes....I had the super duper flu shot for those of us over 65. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

Re: Worst Flu I Have Ever Had

It's probably the shot itself that caused it and not the flu.

Valued Contributor

Oh my gosh! I had the shot in October. Can it have that effect 2.5 mo. later??

Frequent Contributor

I'm an emergency room nurse and I can tell you the flu is out early this year and with a vengeance. The rash you are experiencing is most likely fifth disease and is viral in nature.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you were so sick and I wish you better days ahead! BTW I don't understand the draw of the flu shot. I just don't get it...
Valued Contributor

On 12/22/2014 va603 said:

I'm an emergency room nurse and I can tell you the flu is out early this year and with a vengeance. The rash you are experiencing is most likely fifth disease and is viral in nature.

Thank you va603. I will look that up. Will I get better?

Valued Contributor

On 12/22/2014 ednapsych said:
On 12/22/2014 va603 said:

Thank you va603. I will look that up. Will I get better?

Just read up on it. That is exactly what I have!! At least now I know. Bad news is it can last 3 weeks Smiley Sad.

Super Contributor

On 12/22/2014 ednapsych said:

Oh my gosh! I had the shot in October. Can it have that effect 2.5 mo. later??

No, it can't.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry .I hope you are feeling better

Valued Contributor

On 12/22/2014 scatcat said: I'm sorry you were so sick and I wish you better days ahead! BTW I don't understand the draw of the flu shot. I just don't get it...

Thank you scatcat.