Trusted Contributor
Jan. 1st. Was the last one a good tsv?
Honored Contributor

I think several people got one last time & have been happy with it. Look for a thread on it in the health forum. They started a daily thread.

I have a Fitbit One and love it. I highly recommend fitbits or something similar.

Honored Contributor

I think that with the last one, they added extra bands to give it more of a value.

I have the one that clips on a waistband.

If you are in the market you may want to wait because I think Fitbit is coming out with a new one. Do a little internet research

Fitbit Charge,

Trusted Contributor

I posted this in a TSV Forum thread about the FitBit. The OP of that thread said the Jan 1st TSV will be a choice of the FitBit Charge or FitBit Charge HR.

I've been interested in a FitBit. After doing some research, I think I may wait for the FitBit Surge. From http://www.pcworld.com/article/2838937/fitbit-gets-fancier-with-charge-fitness-trackers-surge-super...

Fitbit gets fancier with Charge activity trackers, fitness-focused Surge 'super watch'

At a time when fitness bands keep getting cheaper, Fitbit is moving in the opposite direction with its new Fitbit Charge, Charge HR, and Surge fitness trackers.

The new Charge trackers trade the existing Fitbit Flex's LED dot readout for actual OLED displays, showing the time of day, steps taken, and Caller ID when paired to a nearby smartphone. The Charge HR also includes a continuous heart rate monitor that provides feedback during exercise and is more accurate for estimating calories burned.

The Fitbit Surge is more of an answer to smartwatches, with a square LCD touch screen that displays time of day, steps taken, heart rate, Caller ID, and incoming text messages, and lets users control music playback from a paired smartphone. This is also the first Fitbit tracker with built-in GPS, letting users track their workout route, distance, pace and elevation while leaving their phones at home.

Why this matters: With new competition from more capable smartwatches, many fitness band makers have responded with cheaper models, or have shifted away from hardware to focus more on software and services. Oddly enough, this leaves Fitbit in a unique position as a company focused on premium fitness wearables. If you've felt let down by less-capable fitness trackers, but are unimpressed with beefier smartwatches, Fitbit wants to be your hardware maker.

New Fitbits compared

At $130, the basic Fitbit Charge is the cheapest of the new models, and it's basically a replacement for the Fitbit Force that was recalled in February due to skin rash issues. The only feature difference is the addition of Caller ID, though Fitbit has previously promised to bring this feature to Force owners. (To avoid further rash snafus, Fitbit says it has created a Scientific Advisory Board, whose certified dermatologists have helped the company improve testing and issue new wear and care guidelines.)

Compared to the $100 Fitbit Flex, the Charge has a taller and wider display, allowing it to show time and step count, and it has longer battery life of seven days on a charge. It also has automatic sleep tracking, so users don't have to tell the device when they're going to bed.

fitbitchargehr

The Fitbit Charge HR adds a heart rate monitor and uses a traditional buckle clasp.

The Charge HR will cost $150, and the main difference from the basic Charge is the built-in heart rate monitor. Fitbit is aiming this model at regular exercisers who might want to set target heart rates during workouts, get more accurate calorie burn estimates, and see details on resting heart rate and heart rate trends. The HR also uses a more traditional clasp instead of the Charge's snap-in band, and it gets five days of battery life instead of seven days.

Sitting at the top of Fitbit's line up is the $250 Surge, which despite its smartwatch-like appearance is more serious about fitness tracking than any of Fitbit's cheaper models. It has more sensors, including GPS, a gyroscope, and ambient light sensor, and it can tailor its metrics based on the specific workout that the user has done. And although the screen is much larger and more capable than Fitbit's other models, it still lasts up to five days on a charge.

fitbitsurge Fitbit Surge's touch screen allows for caller ID, music controls and more.

However, only the Fitbit Charge is launching today. Fitbit says the Charge HR and Surge will launch early next year, but the company hasn't given a specific release date. All three devices will come in three sizes, and can pair with an iPhone, Android phone, or Windows Phone.

Valued Contributor

Vickie00, I'm waiting for the Surge too.

DH has been researching all different brands and styles and considering the prices and their functions, I decided to hold-out for the Surge.

Contributor

Is there going to be a fit bit tsv this Jan 2015? If so which one please?

Trusted Contributor
On 12/16/2014 charlie dog said:

Is there going to be a fit bit tsv this Jan 2015? If so which one please?

Yes the FitBit TSV is Jan 1st as the OP stated. We believe it is a choice of the FitBit Charge or FitBit Charge HR models. If you look at my post #3, you can see more information about what these 2 watches offer.

Trusted Contributor
On 12/16/2014 PpprMintPatty said:

Vickie00, I'm waiting for the Surge too.

DH has been researching all different brands and styles and considering the prices and their functions, I decided to hold-out for the Surge.

I will wait for user reviews. See how user friendly people think it is. It would be my first FitBit so I want to make sure my $250 will be well spent and something I will use.

Super Contributor

It's the FitBit Flex. A set of 3 adjustable bands in 3 color combos. $89.96

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Super Contributor

FYI - the Fitbit Flex was initially released May 2013...the Fitbit Charge was just released in November. Both the Charge HR and the Surge will be fully released in 2015. They released a small quantity of the Charge HR around Christmas but that amount was gone quickly. I bought my husband the Charge for Christmas and he loves it. The Charge even has an alarm that he uses to wake up in the mornings. The alarm vibrates with a ""vengeance"" according to him. :-)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren