Super Contributor

Has any one been diagnosed with "white matter disease"

I have read some online but would like to know if anyone could share some info on this brain disease. TIA beanie

Super Contributor

Re: Has any one been diagnosed with ""white matter disease""

Didn't see your post til now. I was diagnosed several months ago. I have not looked it up by choice but can tell you what I was told. It can give a neurologist an idea of where you could have a stroke, ie which side or areas to be affected. It is also a precursor to dementia. Either way didn't sound real promising to me so I didn't look it up.
Honored Contributor

My neurologist didn't call it white matter disease, but she did tell me that I had white spots on my brain. She showed them to me on the films. She said that it meant that I had had mini strokes. I looked it up at the time, but this was years ago and I haven't thought about it very much since then.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

On 12/31/2014 lilypadfrog said: Didn't see your post til now. I was diagnosed several months ago. I have not looked it up by choice but can tell you what I was told. It can give a neurologist an idea of where you could have a stroke, ie which side or areas to be affected. It is also a precursor to dementia. Either way didn't sound real promising to me so I didn't look it up.

Yeah, it's one of those things you'd rather not know. But I did look it up and what you say is correct.