Valued Contributor

Anyone Hear of This Diet Product?

Someone we know was telling us about Carraluma. Anyone hear of this?
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone Hear of This Diet Product?

I've never taken it myself, but it's apparently from the cactus family and is supposedly have originated from India. Please talk with your doctor and/or pharmacist before taking any supplements (and/or vitamins/minerals). Just an fyi that "cvs" pharmacy is usually open 24 hours to speak with the *pharmacist*. He or she may be able to look up on their database for the supplement. Both webmd.com and Wikipedia have some info re: the supplement/substance. The side effects may apparently include stomach gas, constipation and stomach pain. (Just an fyi that the cactus plant itself has poison inside of it, so please do *not* handle or ingest that.)

Respected Contributor

Lots of reviews on Amazon.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Regular Contributor

I should've added that taking a supplement to help lose weight is really just a "quick fix" or "fad" diet. The only way for long-term weight management is from healthful eating and increasing one's physical activity.

Before starting an exercise program, however, please get a check-up by your doctor, including a blood pressure reading.

This government site has some general tips on increasing one's fitness level: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/exerciseandphysicalfitness.html

For some healthful eating tips and to search for a registered dietician (RD): http://www.eatright.org/Public/

Contributor

No I do not take any type of pills. I have lost 50lbs in 2 years by following weight watchers ( I do not go to the meetings I just know what I can eat) and I either walk outside or I walk on the treadmill. I went from a size 18 to 4-6 and I feel the best I have felt since I was in High School. Oh by the way I will be 60 next year. I feel great. It is not easy. I would say to try and stay away from pills and maybe try cutting back and walk.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of it.

hckynut(john)