Honored Contributor
I have had facial redness when stressed for a few years, and sometimes my face feels blistered. I also suffer from eye problems which has been diagnosed as dry eyes. My eyes feel fine some days, but on others they really bother me, especially my left one. I have used Restasis for almost two years. Does anyone have this health problem or have knowledge about it? I am wondering if a dermatologist might be able to help me. I have seen an opthamologist, and an eye professional who treats eye diseases. She is also a P.A. They both think Restasis is the treatment, along with lid scrubs. My skin issue has not been addressed yet.
Honored Contributor

Re: Rosacea and eye problems

What do you use to cleanse your face?

Honored Contributor

A bar for sensitive skin. I believe it is Cetaphil.
Honored Contributor

You probably have ocular rosacea; I have it too. Some days are worse than others. Washing your eyes with plain water helps. My eye doctor was prescribing a pill that seemed to help, but I haven't seen him in a couple years.

Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 ValuSkr said:

You probably have ocular rosacea; I have it too. Some days are worse than others. Washing your eyes with plain water helps. My eye doctor was prescribing a pill that seemed to help, but I haven't seen him in a couple years.

Will you describe your symptoms for me? What pill did you take?
Super Contributor

You very definitely need to see a dermatologist. I have rosacea and have been using prescription metro gel for over 20 years on my face. It is a tremendous help.
Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 Rainbow Girl said: You very definitely need to see a dermatologist. I have rosacea and have been using prescription metro gel for over 20 years on my face. It is a tremendous help.
Are your eyes affected? If so, how?
Super Contributor

My eyes are very dry all the time. My opthamologist gave me a prescription for restasis, but I didn't fill it because I didn't like the side effects. My eyes are worse when the weather is dry.
Trusted Contributor

I have had ocular rosacea in the past. I currently take doxycycline whenever I have a bad rosacea flare up and that has also taken care of the ocular rosacea.
Honored Contributor

I have rosacea on my face and I also see an opthamologist for my ocular rosacea. I use Systane Ultra twice a day. Works like a charm.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN