Honored Contributor

Dentist visit yesterday . . . very impressed.

I usually complain so much about doctors/dentists, etc., that I thought I would post something positive for a change.

I broke another vertebrae in my back a couple of weeks ago. Had a dental appointment for yesterday which I was going to cancel. However, it's almost over for this phase (next phase in the spring), so I called to see if I could get another date in the not too distant future. Appt. clerk said the earliest was December 12. That would mean I would not be done before Christmas. So I decided to go anyway and see if I could get out of my wheelchair and into the dentist chair.

When they saw I was in a wheelchair and I explained why, the dentist and his assistants told me they didn't want to chance me trying to get into the dental chair and would do the procedure with me sitting in my wheelchair. And that's exactly what they did, even though it made it harder for them because they had to do all the moving around standing up.

Not only that, but they had saved my temporary bridge, so I didn't have to have another one done . . . plus what has to be done to perfect the permanent bridge can be done on the bridge itself by the lab and a new permanent bridge does not have to be made, so they made an appointment for me to go back in one week for that, which will be my last visit for this phase.

And they were all happy and cheerful throughout this process. Nothing had to be paid, as I paid up two months ago, so all of this work is being done at no extra cost. This dentist promises a perfect result no matter how long it takes.

I have to say I am not sorry I chose this dentist and am sure I have received a lot of good care for the money I paid.

[I hope nobody faints.]

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Dentist visit yesterday . . . very impressed.

LOL, I guess I'm only interesting when I'm complaining!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 Ford1224 said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You are not alone. A few years back around the holiday season there were two threads in Viewpoints. One was What's your favorite Christmas song and the other was your least favorite. The least favorite one had about three times the responses as the favorite one did.

Respected Contributor

What a very nice surprise that must have been for you. Happy Thanksgiving Ford1224, and I am sorry you will not be able to travel to your relative's house.

Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 Hoovermom said:

What a very nice surprise that must have been for you. Happy Thanksgiving Ford1224, and I am sorry you will not be able to travel to your relative's house.

Thank you so much Hoovermom, and same back to you! Smile

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 brewhaha said:
On 11/26/2014 Ford1224 said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You are not alone. A few years back around the holiday season there were two threads in Viewpoints. One was What's your favorite Christmas song and the other was your least favorite. The least favorite one had about three times the responses as the favorite one did.

I don't doubt that for one minute, LOL. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

....sounds like a normal dental experience to me. I've never had a bad dentist and I've never had a dentist who didn't have a postive bed side manner. But I do know how great it is to find a dentist you really like.

Super Contributor

Congrats, Ford on finding one of the good ones and so glad your holiday is off to a good start. That's a blessing for sure.

Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

Congrats, Ford on finding one of the good ones and so glad your holiday is off to a good start. That's a blessing for sure.

Thank you, BCB, and may you also have a wonderful holiday season. Smile

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 chrystaltree said:

....sounds like a normal dental experience to me. I've never had a bad dentist and I've never had a dentist who didn't have a postive bed side manner. But I do know how great it is to find a dentist you really like.

Unfortunately not my experience. In fact the second phase that has to wait until next spring is to fix the horrible job done on my lower teeth by a different dentist who charged me more than half for half the work.

With this dentist, it has been positive and much less expensive all the way through. He belongs to the discount dental plan I joined earlier in the year. And it's not just him I like . . . his staff is phenomenal.

Formerly Ford1224