Respected Contributor

Do feminine washes sold in that specific aisle at the store work better than mild soap and water?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

IMO I feel like all they are are heavily scented. I have a sensitive area down under... so the only thing I am able to use without irritation is unscented baby soap. God bless johnson and johnson.

Esteemed Contributor

My physician recommends only unscented soap for the private area. No washes or anything else scented.

Super Contributor

the body cleans itself naturally..... No inner washes( douches) are necessary. In fact they through off the body's PH to the point of causing the problems with odor. Many times odors are from internal issues.... yeast overgrowth, diet issues etc. Need to clean up your diet. If you are healthy, nothing but gentle soap and water are necessary.

Respected Contributor

The feminine washes don't burn like soap does. I use the external washes, not internal. DH doesn't ever pay attention and uses it as a body wash sometimes. I have to tell him what NOT to use in the shower. LOL

Honored Contributor

I like Sliquid Feminine Wash, ingredients are great, no sulfates, no glycerin and no parabens. and you can buy it in Unscented. You can find it on ebay, amazon and drugstore.com.

Honored Contributor
Never used one. I only use unscented soap and I have never used a douche product. Our bodies don't need that stuff.
Super Contributor

Is op talking about douching? IDK. I've never used one, I don't even know why they are still made. The idea is very outdated. Our bodies, provided they're properly nourished, are self cleaning.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your comments. I should have stated that this was for external use only. Haven't used the internal formula in decades - say, the '70's? Wink

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor
DON'T!! My GYN said use nothing, but water. Buy yourselves a shower head that comes off and clean that way. Any soap will disrupt your ph balance and cause problems. It took me a long time to get with it, but so glad I did. You don't need it. We have been conditioned by TV ads that we have to use all this stuff to feel feminine. Those of you have recurring infections need to look at how you wash. I no longer have issues down there because I got rid of all soaps. That area is self cleansing.