Trusted Contributor
What works for you at home. I dont belong to a gym, but I walk hills forwards and backwards (work the front of my thighs-quads). I am content with this but I need something for the inner thigh. I was thinking of Suzanne Somers contraption. I also have a torso track, maybe I can find ideas from them.
Honored Contributor

Learn to do a Ronde de Jambe (ballet).

Great work for your inner thighs! Bonus work for your butt!

Lots of other ballet moves will work them as well, while you're in turn out (just about ALWAYS in ballet). When your leg crosses inward and forward (and even backward to some degree) while you're in turn out you will feel your inner thigh muscles working.

If you don't you're not doing it right {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor
On 11/22/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Lots of other ballet moves will work them as well, while you're in turn out (just about ALWAYS in ballet). When your leg crosses inward and forward (and even backward to some degree) while you're in turn out you will feel your inner thigh muscles working.

Oh,pleeze! As if everyone can do ballet without instruction or a background in ballet. Not even an option without a class & great instructor.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

100squatsAday.com.

Do 30 days, report back! The website & FB page is a good community. Ted Carr has a bunch of YouTube videos showing proper form. Try it for 30 Days!!

Honored Contributor
On 11/22/2014 Skylands said:

Oh,pleeze! As if everyone can do ballet without instruction or a background in ballet. Not even an option without a class & great instructor.

Good luck!

Well, EXCUUUUUUUSE me!

I'm not talking about auditioning for the Joffrey Ballet, I'm suggesting it would be great to learn a few ballet movements. Most cities have instruction in ballet and you don't have to devote an entire semester to learning how to do a basic ronde de jambe.

It works!

Respected Contributor

Good luck!

Well, EXCUUUUUUUSE me!

I'm not talking about auditioning for the Joffrey Ballet, I'm suggesting it would be great to learn a few ballet movements. Most cities have instruction in ballet and you don't have to devote an entire semester to learning how to do a basic ronde de jambe.

It works!

Hey, don't get your hair raised over this. Who said anything about auditioning for the Joffrey?

Ballet takes years & years, not a semester, to get the correct form and steps. Seriously, not for anyone with a casual interest in toning their thighs. Very impractical suggestion.

Honored Contributor

Good luck!

Well, EXCUUUUUUUSE me!

It works!

Hey, don't get your hair raised over this. Who said anything about auditioning for the Joffrey?

Ballet takes years & years, not a semester, to get the correct form and steps. Seriously, not for anyone with a casual interest in toning their thighs. Very impractical suggestion.

Hey, you jumped on ME for suggesting it!

I am in the middle of taking my FIRST semester of ballet and I learned a ronde de jambe in the FIRST CLASS.

You do NOT need to take years of ballet to learn a basic ronde de jambe.

Not an impractical suggestion in the least.

All you need is basic body awareness to be able to execute the movement for it to be an effective thigh worker.

Respected Contributor

Good luck!

Well, EXCUUUUUUUSE me!

It works!

I am in the middle of taking my FIRST semester of ballet and I learned a ronde de jambe in the FIRST CLASS.

All you need is basic body awareness to be able to execute the movement for it to be an effective thigh worker.

If you feel I "jumped on U" sorry, but that wasn't my intent. As someone who studied ballet for 20+ years, I found your suggestion very impractical.

EnjoySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good luck!

Well, EXCUUUUUUUSE me!

It works!

If you feel I "jumped on U" sorry, but that wasn't my intent. As someone who studied ballet for 20+ years, I found your suggestion very impractical.

EnjoySmiley Happy

I took ballet as a child and recently took it back up again. I have a background in fitness, lots of weight training, yoga, etc.

I see many people in my class who are quite capable of executing a basic ronde de jambe without years of ballet.

If you have no body awareness at all, doing ANYTHING to isolate the inner thigh is going to be difficult without proper instruction.

Frequent Contributor

Excellent idea! Ballet techniques are being used in various exercise routines these days. I know Pilates often integrates a type of Ronde de Jambe in their workouts, as well.