Respected Contributor

Smoking, Eating, Exercising, Weight Training

Going on 2 years (I think) no smoking and I can't believe I used to smell like that, never knew. So glad that's behind me.

Eating, still doing WW, going on a year and dropping a few more pounds but since I joined the gym, hired a trainer, I'm on top of the world! Never and I mean never in my mind would or could I picture myself at a gym and best of all, getting stronger and leaner. It's truly a great feeling and no one could ever convince me to go, I needed to do this by myself and make my own mind up.

I made the mistake last year of buying a size smaller of sweatshirts and other tops, they didn't fit, didn't fit and now they fit!! I was giving up hope and just thinking about what a failure I've been, now I can wear them proudly and know I'm putting the work and most of all the effort into getting lean.

I'm telling everyone, my mind was it's own enemy, I kept talking myself into highlighting the failures and never the accomplishments. I know I have more to go but just going and actually seeing a difference is motivating itself.

I hope you're doing something for yourself, I am such a giver and for years never did anything for me, well, this is all for me and it makes me happy that I keep giving to myself.

Super Contributor

Re: Smoking, Eating, Exercising, Weight Training

Nantucket how wonderful that you are putting yourself first! What an inspiring story!

Honored Contributor

This IS all for you! CONGRATS for seeing your own light of better health and GOING for it!

Honored Contributor

Nantucket Shore! I'm so proud of you! The 'hugest' of huge accomplishments was kicking the smoking habit! I've never smoked but have an addictive personality, so I empathize how hard that might have been....but coming out the other side is a sweet feeling, yes?! Every day you exercise your lungs...man that feels good. Kudos to you. Keep us updated.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! That's great!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Schwarzenegger will say it is the power of the mind. You've got to see it before you can achieve it!

Get a nice outfit for the holidays!

Super Contributor

Woweeee!!! Congratulations Nantucket Shore!!! I remember reading your threads and posts along the way...you're inspiring and you've come a long way!!! Enjoy your new energy, self confidence and accomplishments! This thread put a smile on my face!!Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I'm so proud of you! As we age, the weight creeps on so easy and is so difficult to get rid of. Most people just give up. It takes a special commitment to stick with it and get those results!

Super Contributor

Great post! Keep up the good work!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!!