Contributor

Did anyone see the presentation on the southern channel this morning? The Supreme Pilates Pro will be shown again in about an hour. Wondering if it's as good or better than the original Supreme Pilates.

Honored Contributor

Have seen this a few times on hsn. For me it would be too short for the exercises I like to do on my Pilates Premier XP model. Seen some reviews that are very positive and some really like it. Wish I could tell you more but having never been on one I can only base it on it's dimensions in comparison to the ones I have used. I also had a Aero Pilates, which I sold to my sister because I could not stand using "the stand". Prefer mine being on the floor.

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

I did see it ... happened to have had my eye on this since before it was available to sell. Found it whe I was looking for the original Supreme Pilates by Ellen Croft on ebay. Very pleased to see the lower price on HSN - ordered it yesterday. It appears to be a more quality machine than the original to me......Johnare you thinking of the Powers Plates Gym, maybe?

b

Super Contributor

I saw it this morning and I really liked it, but after thinking it through, I think the QVC pilates version with the bar would be a better machine. I liked the HSN machine because of the bar, and the easy put-away, but I think the pilates part lacks in not having the moving bench. I think I would prefer the QVC machine to which you can add the ballet bar. I would love to have Fluidity Bar the sell on HSN, but it is so expensive. I tend lean towards wanting more for the money. I had an older QVC pilates machine and I loved it, but the wheels that slide the bench have crumbled (probably dried out and cracked). Does anyone know if replacement wheels are out there for purchase?

Contributor

John - you're thinking of the thing that wants to be a reformer when it grows up. This is a tower similar to a wall unit. I call it the poor man's Pilates Cadillac.

I don't think we can compare this to a performer since this more like a Cadillac. I have an expensive reformer but this is different enough that I ordered it.

Not applicable

Honored Contributor

I have the 5-cord Reformer (ordered from QVC) and am finding that it gives a pretty darn good workout for me.