Esteemed Contributor

I'm an 8-1/2 yr survivor of ovarian cancer (cancer-free). Last week I went for a mammogram and this morning, while I was out, I received a call from the radiologist's office, which said that she sent my slides to my doctor's office. When I called the radiologist's office back, my call went on her answering machine. It's now Friday, almost 6PM (Calif), and haven't rec'd a call back. I guess I'll hear from her on Monday. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what "bad" news I can expect. I have the whole weekend to "wonder".

Esteemed Contributor

From my experience, the radiologists forward the info to your general practitioner. They, in turn, will relay the results to you. So it could just be routine. Usually I receive a letter from the radiologists office in due course telling me that the results are clear. As a BC survivor, I can certainly understand that you are anxious. Fingers crossed that everything is good.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Don't you just hate having that happen on a Friday afternoon? They could have waited until Monday to call you. Two days would not make a difference.

Trusted Contributor
Isn't that the worst? I'm a 10 yr bc survivor, we cancer patients know all about waiting, right? Hopefully the call was just what you said, just to let you know the report had been sent to your doctor. Unless you are having a diagnostic mammogram, which is what I have now, and the radiologist reads it while you are there and tells you immediately, I think it is common procedure to give the report to the doctor who ordered it, and the doctor will give you the results. As long as they didn't say something like "call your doctor immediately" you are probably fine. I'm sure it will still be a long weekend, but try not to worry!
Esteemed Contributor

I've never had a radiologists office call me. If the mammogram is fine, why would they call?

Super Contributor

Please remain posotive and do not allow it to absorb your weekend. The news , may be fabulous .

Get out do not set and ponder. I see strength in your post as your a winner. Look at how you fought and beat the prior c...I am saying a special prayer for you.

What an inspiration you are !!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Ladies: I'm not having the best weekend -- but I'm staying positive.

Super Contributor
On 10/18/2014 kivah said:

Thanks Ladies: I'm not having the best weekend -- but I'm staying positive.

please hang in . I really am praying . I think it should be a law that if you cannot be seen or given info upon receipt of a medical call that they cannot call on a Friday.

You are going to return a great report to us. I just know it.

Honored Contributor

I'm irritated on your behalf. I really dislike when doctor's offices do this with test results of any kind.

I'm keeping good thoughts for you.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

The group that I go to for Mammogram has sent letters out to me both times on a Friday so I receive the news on Saturday. I told them about it and they said letters are sent out two days after the mammogram is done ( Wednesday) and that's why it's sent out on a Friday... They don't care that patients have anxiety over the weekend with the unknown. I always hope for the best for all...