Honored Contributor

Just been diagnosed with this. Has anyone had any experience with Bell's? I am taking a steroid and viral meds but understand that it just takes time for the muscles to get back to normal. My main concern is that I am unable to blink my left eye and need to keep it covered. Any info/support is appreciated.

Honored Contributor

My friend had a similar attack last winter. It came and went very quickly. I remember she had to apply an ointment to her eye just for about a week or two. I do realize some do take longer to heal, I do know someone else who had a droopy eye for sevrral months after this. Best of luck.

Super Contributor

Does it just affect the eye's ? Bless you. I have heard of it but it has been a long time.

Super Contributor

Yes- I had it about 15 years ago just out of the blue... would not want to experience it ever again... I would take double knee replacement over it any day again given a choice. Would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Sorry you have to go through it.{#emotions_dlg.sad} It took about 12 weeks to get full use of the right side of my face.... I totally recovered. I did do a lot of natural supplements to promote healing. Lysine, trace minerals and B vitamins and Lecithin for helping with nerve regrowth..... I had pain like someone hit me in the face from the nerves... and could not taste food, also My hearing was very sensitive on that side of my face during that 12 weeks.....it started out as a very bad ear ache. I NEVER get ear aches...so I wondered what was going on.

Super Contributor

I taped my eye down at night. I covered it during the day with a patch and used drops. Just hid out in my home for several weeks.... what else can you do but wait for the healing??

Honored Contributor

My friend had it (he was young, early twenties) and it took him about a year to fully recover from it. I think how long it takes to recover would depend on each individual and the severity of it.

Super Contributor

Praying for you, and counting my blessings. God Bless you !

Super Contributor

I had Bell's 2 years ago. I had to use eyedrops to keep my eye moist especially at night. Took the meds and the Dr. told me the best thing was to just rest. It took about a week for my face to go back to normal. Other than learning to eat and drink without wearing my food and looking odd it wasn't the worst thing I've suffered.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Super Contributor

Ok does it just come on a person ? Did you have any warnings ?

Esteemed Contributor
My dad had it. They thought he was having a stroke. A family friend that we had also.was thought to have had it but he had a disease that destroyed his nervous system and he passed away.