Super Contributor

Do you walk every day? How far, how long does it take you?

Honored Contributor

I have a Jawbone UP. My goal is 12000 steps a day. I sometimes do more, and I sometimes do only 9,000 or 10,000--rarely less than that. Once I walked 21000 steps while I was in Chicago, but that was a high for me. I'm usually around 12,500.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

When I'm being "good" (lol), I walk 4 miles a day around a local lake. I don't ever time myself, but I would guess it takes between 30-45 minutes.

This depends on whether I'm walking alone or with a friend. I think it takes longer when I walk with my friend who likes to use the time to talk more so than work up a light sweat or finish quickly.

Honored Contributor
On 10/7/2014 Colonel Meow said:

When I'm being "good" (lol), I walk 4 miles a day around a local lake. I don't ever time myself, but I would guess it takes between 30-45 minutes.

This depends on whether I'm walking alone or with a friend. I think it takes longer when I walk with my friend who likes to use the time to talk more so than work up a light sweat or finish quickly.

That's not walking...that's jogging! It's tough to speed walk faster than 4 miles an hour.

Honored Contributor

One day at Disneyworld we started at 8AM and finished at 1 AM (the parks were open for Easter). 26,000 steps in one VERY long day!

Super Contributor

Yep. I adopted a Border Collie from the local animal shelter about 7 years ago and we have walked every day, rain or shine since! We walk about 30-40 minutes up and down some hills in the neighborhood. I have about 4-5 different routes I take. The dog probably saved my life because she doesn't take "no" for an answer! I try and get in some swimming in during the summer months as well.

Super Contributor

Aw, that's a beautiful story, kahootz... I bet she loves you very much!

Super Contributor
On 10/7/2014 terrier3 said:
On 10/7/2014 Colonel Meow said:

That's not walking...that's jogging! It's tough to speed walk faster than 4 miles an hour.

Lol! Yes, my power walk has been described as "aggressive" by some. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I thought that OP was referring to power-walking, but I guess she meant more of a stroll(?)

Like I said, I don't time myself - but I'm quite sure that I rarely go more than 45 minutes. The next time I'm out, I'll have to clock it - I might be surprised. Smile

Respected Contributor
Three miles a day and it takes me about hour or less. I don't speed walk but I keep a constant steady pace.
Trusted Contributor

I used to walk 3 miles in 50 minutes and need to get back into it. Smiley Happy