Valued Contributor

anyone here used this antibiotic? I am scared to try after reading reviews but must if

results of tests are positive.

Super Contributor

in what situation would they choose this particular antibiotic?

Super Contributor

Used it for BV, the only thing that worked.

Valued Contributor

For people like me who are allergic to penicillin, Clindamyacin is used in it's place. I have no problems with it, I tolerate it just fine.

Maria

Valued Contributor

I have a moderate staph infection from a cut on my leg. I am diabetic so things take a

while to heal. Thanks for positive responses. The reviews on WebMD scared me to death.

Respected Contributor

I have bad reactions to many medications, and am very allergic to penicillin, and have taken Clindamyacin with no problems for tooth abscesses. However, it did not clear up a cat bite wound on my leg, and I had to resort to a penicillin derivative that worked and I powered through the course with some allergic reaction but a healed wound.

Respected Contributor

Do you trust your MD who prescribed it? That's the ?. All medications have +&- effects. As with everything in life. Good & bad.

Honored Contributor

I had stomach issues that lasted for two weeks when I took it for my mouth, and I only took it for 4 days

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I've never taken it orally....I've used clyndamicin gel when my rosecea gets out of control.

Super Contributor

It's the only antibiotic I can take with consistently good results. I'm diabetic, too, and the only "problem" I've had is mild tummy upset. However, it's totally manageable. Better to get the wound under control before it gets away from you. Good luck!!