Super Contributor

Need Bar Recommendations ... No, Not THAT Kinda Bar!

I am not a breakfast eater, but have been eating a CLIF bar with my coffee for breakfast for the past couple of years. The protein really does hold me until lunchtime with no urge to snack. I now want to switch to a meal replacement bar with ...

- Less sugar

- No sugar alcohols

- Moderate amount of fiber (<8 grams)

- Protein (>9 grams)

Anyone have a favorite? And BTW, yes I know there are healthier breakfast alternatives, and I do those on the weekends. I'm looking for a "better bar"! Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: Need Bar Recommendations ... No, Not THAT Kinda Bar!

Quest bars are awesome. The have low sugar and tons of fiber.

http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-bars/

ETA: They are kind of expensive though but quite delicious. You can get them at GNC and Amazon.

Super Contributor

I agree with AlleyCat! Quest Bars!!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

Kind Bars are great! I buy bars that are 5 grams of sugar!

Super Contributor

Think Thin bars have 20 gm of protein and are low in sugar; some with 0 sugar.

Super Contributor

I so appreciate all the suggestions. However........

I tried ThinkThin and spent the afternoon in the toilet. Quest bars were pretty disgusting to me, weird texture. Kind bars were endangering my expensive dental work. So ... guess it's back to CLIF.

Super Contributor

Power crunch bars are tasty. I love the ones that look and taste like wafer cookies.
Regular Contributor

Most protein bars make me feel like i have an anvil in my stomach after eating. These are my new favorites- gluten free, 20 grams protein, low sugar, no trans fat. Taste and texture of a PB rice krispie bar. I get them from vitacost or amazon. Don't melt in my tote.

http://www.amazon.com/Protein-Gluten-Peanut-Butter-Chocolate/dp/B004FR6P30/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&...

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 expatgal said:

I am not a breakfast eater, but have been eating a CLIF bar with my coffee for breakfast for the past couple of years. The protein really does hold me until lunchtime with no urge to snack. I now want to switch to a meal replacement bar with ...

- Less sugar

- No sugar alcohols

- Moderate amount of fiber (<8 grams)

- Protein (>9 grams)

Anyone have a favorite? And BTW, yes I know there are healthier breakfast alternatives, and I do those on the weekends. I'm looking for a "better bar"! Thanks.

CLIF Builder's Protein Bar, 20g Protein

Various flavors, but I only eat the Chocolate Mint, the Chocolate, or the Chocolate Peanut Butter.

Let me know if you want a good, nutrition packed "smoothie".

CLIF Bar ingredients:

Soy Protein Isolate, Beet Juice Concentrate, Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa‡, Unsweetened Chocolate‡, Organic Soy Protein Concentrate, Vegetable Glycerine, Natural Flavors, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Almonds, Rice Starch, Cocoa Butter‡, Inulin (Chicory Extract), Soy Lecithin, Organic Oat Fiber, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Organic Vanilla Extract. ALLERGEN STATEMENT: CONTAINS SOY AND ALMONDS. MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF MILK, WHEAT, AND OTHER TREE NUTS.

Nutrition facts: